Marc McCabe (@mccabe), partner at Oyster Capital, joins Erik on this episode to discuss:
- What people get wrong when they’re preparing to fundraise.
- The importance of stress-testing a deck, and how to do it.
- The right investor to pitch first, and the right time to follow-up.
- Whether to give a VC a deadline or not.
- Common mistakes people make when fundraising and how to avoid them.
- Lessons from his time at Airbnb.
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at www.villageglobal.vc or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.
Want to get updates from us? Subscribe to get a peek inside the Village. We’ll send you reading recommendations, exclusive event invites, and commentary on the latest happenings in Silicon Valley. www.villageglobal.vc/signup