China to inject $174 billion of liquidity on Monday as markets reopen
- markets are having a mixed reaction
- big sell off on Chinese market when it opened despite attempt at China to prop up market
A Tale of Two Oil Giants With Two Strategies That Aren’t Working
- Exxon vs. Chevron: two different strategies. Chevron pursuing austerity. Exxon spending on cap ex.
- Q4 2019 earnings are not really the determinant of which strategy was the right one to pursue. We won’t know for 5-10 years.
- Jim Cramer says he’s “done with fossil fuels. They’re done.” At the same time as he uses fossil fuels in his daily life.
Amid global turbulence, Saudi Aramco weathers January better than industry peers
- Aramco isn’t trading like an IOC
Saudi Arabia still pining after Manchester United purchase, reports
- Is MbS a huge ManU fan?
- is this even helpful for PIF’s goal?
Saudis Weigh Large Oil Cuts in Response to Coronavirus
- market doesn’t care
- trading off of demand not supply
- Is OPEC risking writing itself into a corner by reacting to falling price with emergency cuts that don’t really raise prices?
Citi sees oil plunging as much as $18 on Coronavirus fears
- Citi revises its oil price forecast DOWN by $10-$18 per barrel.
- Brent could go as low at $47/barrel predicts Morse
- How China handles the post-Coronavirus will play an important role in oil market recovery.
Don't count out ethanol this election season
- Tom Harkin was the last Democrat to win the Iowa Causes and not become the nominee.
Joe Biden Does Not Support a Fracking Ban - Rep. Conor Lamb and Harold Hamm on the politics of oil and natural gas drilling.