This podcast is normally all about German, but in this episode we're switching things around. This time it's all about English! What is English like as seen through the eyes of a native speaker of German? What are some things we take for granted in English that German speakers might struggle with? And what is it like for an Austrian school student to learn English?
In this episode I talk to Tanja and Sophie, two former English students of mine who graduated from secondary school last year (2021). We talk about strange features of English, speech sounds that are tricky to get the hang of, and some stereotypes that Austrians might have of British and American people (spoiler: some are positive, some a little less so!).
Episode transcript: https://yellowoftheegg.com/transcripts/s2e4-austrians-learning-english-transcript/
Guests: Tanja & Sophie
Outro music by Euphoniques. This episode the song is "Listen".
Yellow of the Egg is hosted and produced by Luke Green.
Links and socials:
- Web: yellowoftheegg.com
- Instagram: @yotepodcast (https://www.instagram.com/yotepodcast)
- Facebook: @yellowoftheegg (https://www.facebook.com/yellowoftheegg)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patreon: patreon.com/yellowoftheegg
- YOTE theme music by Vincent Tone (PremiumBeat.com)