I chat to dedicated animal rights activist and friend Betty Melon, and learn about AR activism, consistent anti-oppression, the communication breakdowns that happen between AR and non-AR activists and how we might avoid them. Also we discuss far-right kooks who hang about AR rallies with raw steaks in their mouth clearly loving life, and various big-name vegan foghorns like Joey Carbstrong, Freelee the Banana Girl and Anonymous for the Voiceless - and how they don't represent consistent anti-oppression.
Links from Betty: '
* Consistent Anti-Oppression: http://www.consistentantioppression.com/
* Christopher Sebastian article: https://www.christophersebastian.info/post/2018/10/20/if-veganism-is-racist-and-classist-bad-news-for-nonveganism
* Eating Animals and the Alt-Right: https://youtu.be/PvHMEAy2A7o
* Vegan Voices of Colour: https://veganvoicesofcolor.com/
* Food is Power: https://foodispower.org/
* Species Revolution: https://www.speciesrevolution.org/home_mobile/
SUPPORT YA BOY ON PATREON: https://patreon.com/tomtanuki