In episode #102, Abi Clarke shares her story of personal loss. After her miscarriage in 2015, she felt there was no support or advice available. She wanted to create a space for women and men to receive support, information, and advice so they would understand they are not alone during such a traumatic experience. It was her goal to provide early pregnancy loss services across Scotland.
We discuss how Abi started her charity organization, Miscarriage Services (MISS), and we talk about how they support bereaved parents after pregnancy loss. The charity is celebrating its 5th anniversary, and it now has a team of 20 and serves over 5,000 members.
Topics Discussed: early miscarriage, starting a charity, miscarriage services available in Scotland, pregnancy loss support for women and men
CONNECT WITH ABI -
UPCOMING MISCARRIAGE SERVICES EVENTS:
- Miscarriage Leave & Policy Workshop on Friday 16th September starting at 9am. Location: Village Hotel Kingswells Aberdeen. More information can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/events/1036533510569689/
Understanding Conception and Fertility After Early Pregnancy Loss on Thursday 29th September starting at 9am. Location: Village Hotel Kingswells Aberdeen. More information can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/events/388004923416346 MISCARRIAGE HOPE DESK RESOURCES-
Miscarriage Hope Desk aims to help women struggling miscarriage, pregnancy loss and recurrent miscarriages (RPL), by providing the following resources-
- Library of Articles, found here- https://miscarriagehopedesk.com/library/understanding-why/
- Instagram Community- https://instagram.com/miscarriagehopedesk
- Facebook Community- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1617075958466247/
- Free Miscarriage Lab Checklist- https://miscarriagehopedesk.com/labs
- Free Weekly Newsletter- http://miscarriagehopedesk.com/newsletter
FREE MEAL PLANS
Do you need help getting healthy, tasty meals on the table? Check out our sponsor Prep Dish, PrepDish.com/mhd to get 2 weeks FREE!
Get a FREE Miscarriage Lab Testing Checklist-