The Be Better Off Show is all about inspiring people to have healthier, wealthier and wiser lives. Hosted by CEO of ASX listed Kelly + Partners, author, speaker and all round great guy Brett Kelly, this show is breaking the mould of the traditionally held view that "accounting is boring!" For our team at Kelly + Partners, this show is about helping people be better off in all aspects of their everyday life.
066 - Tim Duggan - #1 Bestselling Author - From good, to great, to KILLER ideas.
Ultimate failure is not having the courage to pursue your ideas… This is coming from an expert in the field of ideas! Join us on the #BeBetterOffShow podcast this week with winner of Best Entrepreneur and Small Business Book 2021, Author and Advisor, Tim Duggan.
In this fulfilling chat, you will learn:
- The value of having supportive friends in your corner (or in a nightclub).
- What it takes to make it as a best selling author.
- The importance of asking questions and constantly learning
065 - James Symond - Aussie Home Loans - Building a Business From the Ground Up
What happens when you try to compete on price? In today’s episode, James Symond, Co-Founder and Former CEO of Aussie Home Loans joins the Be Better Off Show to explain just that! Tune in to learn:
- The implications of competing against large established businesses
- How talking about business at the family dinner table can help you succeed
- The loneliness of running a small business, and so much more!
064 - Ben Thompson - Employment Hero - The Evolving Employment Landscape
“Where there’s a universal problem, there’s a big opportunity”
This interesting perspective on innovation belongs to Ben Thompson, Founder and CEO of Employment Hero, the all-in-one Cloud based HR Platform. He joins us on this episode of the Be Better Off Show to discuss all things entrepreneurship and employment. Tune in to learn:
- Why automation and online working is the way of the future
- How to get ahead of the curve in response to the recession
- The reality of working in a family business
063 - True Colours Solutions - Uncovering Hidden Traits in your Team
If you want to find the right team, build a highly productive workforce, and hire with certainty, good news! There is a way. However it involves looking beneath the surface, to understand your candidates subconscious… With the help from our friends at True Colours People Solutions, in this episode you will learn:
- How a scientific survey can reduce staff turnover, improve your business and streamline your recruitment process
- How to highlight essential subconscious strengths and traits in yourself and business
- How to utilise all education resources, broaden your scope and find your skill
062 - Chris Duggan - Bright & Duggan - One of the First Strata Businesses in Australia
Across 45 years in business, Bright & Duggan have established themself as Australia’s leader in strata, although like most businesses, it certainly was not an overnight success. On this episode of the Be Better Off Show, we are joined by Group Managing Director, Chris Duggan, to explain the role of strata legislation and its impact on property development. Tune in to learn:
- Succession planning, restructuring and transitioning a partnership
- How to increase staff motivation through ownership
- Why the strata management industry is providing such attractive career opportunities for young people
061 - David Tudehope - Macquarie Telecom Group - The Power of Net Promoter Score
From being unable to afford airfares, to having the highest NPS on the ASX, Macquarie Telecom Group has come an incredibly long way over the last 25 years. On this episode of the Be Better Off Show, we are joined by Co-Founder and CEO, David Tudehope, who explains how he and his brother managed to build this business from the ground up. Tune in to learn:
- The power of knowing your clients via net promoter score (NPS)
- The issues associated with publicly listing your company too early
- David’s advice for going into a partnership with siblings
Insightful & instructive
Both the presenter & guests are highly accomplished individuals, which makes the discussions both thought-provoking & very insightful.
I’m really enjoying listening to this podcast. Lots of different people from all different backgrounds. Common thread so far - living well.
First episode I listened to was Tony Nash, and since I’ve been hooked. Angus Kennards episode was a real highlight too 👍👍 Great stuff KP team