In this episode of the Business Beyond Borders podcast, I interview Doyle Buehler, Founder and CEO of Dept.Digital.
Doyle Buehler, is a best-selling author, global entrepreneur, international speaker & digital business thought leader, specialising in strategic digital branding and marketing. Doyle has built multiple award-winning innovative online, ecommerce startups and digital media businesses around the world.
Tune in to my interview with Doyle to find out about:
• How he started his career as a pilot and aeronautical engineer before transitioning to an international digital business transformation mentor
• How he manages an international business with offices in Australia, Canada and the US
• How Dept.Digital helps entrepreneurs accelerate their business, drive demand, build engagement and survive in today's hyper-competitive world
• Doyle’s advice to companies thinking of going international and steps that needs to be done first, such as having a viable business structure, and solid international business strategy before taking the next step
• Doyle’s international expansion experience, motivations, key lessons, recommended strategies and techniques
• His thoughts on handling customers’ cultural differences, and how important it is to learn more about a new market and new business environment
• Doyle’s tips on managing different time zones, and prioritising and managing time effectively
• A common challenge that most tech companies face - the lack of a strong business model which leads to their failure most of the time.
Doyle was a pilot and aeronautical engineer before he became a serial entrepreneur, establishing and running a string of companies. But it hasn’t all been smooth sailing. Doyle hit a rough patch when his successful and rapidly expanding software company became a casualty of the 2009 global financial crisis.
One of his key learnings from that experience was that building an international business requires a solid strategy. Doyle says “once you have a general plan it is not that hard. There are some steps that you have to go through, there are specific ways and methodologies that you can use, but it is a matter of starting small but thinking, is there a possibility here? And in most cases, there is”.
Over the years, Doyle has created a lifestyle that many people can only dream of - splitting his time between the US, Canada and Australia … he’s the ultimate digital nomad.
This is a great episode for anyone wanting to know how to build a flexible, lifestyle business!
If you’re a small business thinking of going global, check out the International Business Accelerator - an end-to-end solution that helps micro-to-medium businesses build and implement an international strategy: