The hospitality industry of Australia generates $37 billion in retail turnover each year & creates over 450,000 employment opportunities.
And it is one of the hardest-hit sectors by the global pandemic.
In this situation, we have the opportunity to get a deeper look into the state of the industry with Wes Lambert, the CEO of Restaurant & Catering Industry Association (R&CA). R&CA is the peak body of the industry.
In this episode, Wes shares with us how the industry is using technology, data, and analytics.
Some important elements of the episode are:
- How much did Covid-19 push up the restaurant’s revenue percentage from delivery apps?
- Why are the behavioral changes of the consumers likely to stay?
- What are the new technologies that are being used in the industry?
- How are they balancing the different modes of consumption, i.e., dine-in, takeaway, etc.?
- What should you do to stay relevant no matter how volatile the market is? Hint: You have to meet the customers where they are.
- How the conflict of data-sharing by delivery app platforms with the restaurants can be solved?
#BusinessAnalytics #CustomerExperience #DataScience #HospitalityIndustry
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/analyticsshow/message