Ben and Wade campaign for the Maeve Fan Club and dissect THE ADVERSARY, Episode 6 of Season 1 in HBO’s TV series, WESTWORLD.
In particular, we chat about:
- A new YouTube video lends more weight to the theory that we’re watching different timelines.
- What type of maze are we talking about? Literal, figurative or both?
- Why the performance of Thandie Newton and the arc of her character, Maeve, deserves its own hashtag.
- Another theory about the real identity and motivations of Bernard.
- Could Arnold have been living by himself in the park all this time?
- WESTWORLD has 4 things in common with the Tom Cruise film, OBLIVION.
YouTube video theorising that we’re seeing multiple timelines
Oblivion (Tom Cruise movie) on IMDb
Westworld HBO TV series on IMDb
Leave us a Rating and Review in iTunes!
It won't cost you a cent and it makes a big difference. The more you love the show, the higher this podcast is ranked in iTunes which helps new listeners discover it. That's how Wade and I found our favourite shows. Just click the link above. It means a lot to us!
You can subscribe directly from your phone. If you've got an iPhone, click the purple app named Podcasts. If you've got a Samsung phone or another Android phone, try the apps Stitcher or Overcast. Both are free. Or find us in iTunes on Mac and PC. Just search for ‘Westworld with Ben and Wade’. Then tap SUBSCRIBE or LISTEN LATER. Every time we release a new episode, it'll appear in your podcast feed. Easy peasy!
MY OTHER PODCAST:
If you’re a filmmaker, cinephile or TV junkie, you might like my other podcast, BREAKING IN WITH BEN PHELPS. It’s a podcast about what happens when a filmmaker who’s never made a feature film, makes one. Featuring interviews with me and established filmmakers. Check it out!
I love sharing stories and fostering discussion. (Even if Wade is a little shy!). So reach out to discuss this episode or anything else!
Music - ‘Cinema Whistlers 4’ by Magnus Ringblom