"Strata, Law reforms and how they affect us all"
A technical and practical discussion with Professor Michael Weir, Faculty of Law - Bond University
In this episode of the Let’s Talk strata podcast, our guest delves into the complexity of the Body Corporate Law, its proposed law reforms and how these changes may impact lot owners, tenants, invitees and committee members.
Professor Michael Weir covers the following hot Strata topics:
• Property rights and what it means to be part of a Community Title Scheme;
• Achieving equitable outcomes in Body Corporate disputes;
• Building sustainable Strata developments and what it takes to build a good community;
• Controlling building defects;
• Tips when purchasing a Strata title property;
• The importance of Strata education for lot owners and practitioners alike.
Professor Michael Weir also discusses his academic perspective on potential law reforms and analyses them against the current law, such as:
• changes to the resolution without dissent threshold requirement;
• More equitable calculation of lot entitlements;
• Controlling nuisances such as smoking and parking.