Caretakers, challenges and Role of ARAMA
An informative walk-through the concept of management rights and the Caretaker Manager in Queensland with Trevor Rawnsley, CEO of ARAMA (Australian Resident Accommodation Managers Association)
In the 8th episode of the Let’s Talk Strata Podcast, Trevor Rawnsley explains the concept of management rights in Queensland and how ARAMA supports this stakeholder group in the strata industry. Trevor discusses the unique role that ARAMA plays in Queensland and overviews the demographic of its members.
In identifying the crucial role that Caretaking Managers play in strata, and acknowledging the significant challenges in meeting client expectations, Trevor advocates that the role is rewarding and provides for a unique lifestyle.
Trevor also addresses the following matters relating to management rights:
- The differing conflicts between investor owners or owner occupiers
- Short-term letting and its obstacles
- The real roles of the Caretaking Managers
- The importance of the cooperation between the triangle of Body Corporate - - Manager, Caretaking Manager, and the committee
- That people should put personality differences aside and collaborate towards the best interests of the Body Corporate
- How ARAMA looks at the industry with a global view as opposed to merely looking itself, as a peak body, in isolation. In doing so, it advocates for collaboration with stakeholders towards reaching common goals.
Trevor Rawnsley contact details:
P: 0417 197 687