In the 14th Episode of Let’s Talk Strata, Gary overviews a brief history in the rise of strata developments in Queensland, illustrating the complexities in the realisation of sustainable communities.
In identifying “strata titling as one of the more famous exports that Australia has been responsible for in the legal sector”, Gary draws comparisons on complex forms of strata titling in Australia and overseas.
Additionally, Gary delivers a stimulating discussion on the following:
- Strata from a global perspective (e.g. Burj Khalifa in Dubai, the tallest building on earth)
- Hallmarks of good structuring of bodies corporate in terms of titling, subdivision, and management;
- How incorrect subdivision can affect strata management;
- Matters to consider when assessing and attributing costs to different purposes and use in commercial, residential and mixed use strata properties;
- Types of facilities to accommodate in strata properties and the role of developers in creating genuine and sustainable strata communities;
- The ingredients to creating a great strata community for occupiers;
- The impacts of correct long-term decision-making and the role that skilled consultants play.