A Podcast exposing the environmental exposures that are negatively impacting our health and simple ways on how to change our environment for the better.
Join conversations with experts, registered Building Biologists and Certified Low Tox Coaches, Laudy, Simone & Tammy as they seek to inform & empower others in making healthier choices.
HHL, Jo Whitton and Healing Foods, GAPS and Fitting It All In- Episode 13
Today we chat to Jo Whitton, founder of the Quirky Cooking blog, author of the Quirky Cooking thermomix recipe book, the podcast host of Quirky Cooking Chats and co-author of the instant bestseller Life Changing Food cookbook. On top of that Jo supports families by running cooking workshops, gut health retreats, seminars, and classes around Australia and overseas.
Today’s chat delves into Jo and her family’s personal journey with discovering healing foods, GAPS and how you too can support and nourish your family.
Jo is a wealth of knowledge and we guarantee that you will have many great takeaways from this podcast.
We enjoyed today’s chat with the phenomenal Jo Whitton and we are sure you will too.
We chat about:
- Jo’s journey from homemade to healing homemade
- Jo’s journey with intolerances
- How Jo discovered the GAPS diet
- The GAPS, gut and brain connection
- How GAPS enabled Jo’s son to get off medication
- How Jo supports other families going through GAPS
- How to tell if you may have gut dysbiosis/leaky gut
- Jo’s tips on dealing with fussy eaters
- How white settlement destroyed the health of indigenous Australians
- What Jo learnt from her time with indigenous Australians and how much she would still love to learn more
- Jo’s tips on fitting it all in
HHL, Simone Albert and Life Threatening Allergies, Mental Health Awareness and Supporting Families- Episode 12
Today’s podcast is with Simone Albert, counsellor, author and speaker in the food allergy space.
We explore her family’s personal journey of living with a life-threatening food allergy after her youngest son’s frightening experience and diagnosis shortly before seven months of age.
Already a registered nurse, Simone decided to pursue counselling due to the lack of support and awareness of the mental health aspect surrounding an allergy diagnosis and the impact this has on life for the individual and family.
Simone is a recognised leader and advocate in the allergy support space and has spoken at many events to raise awareness of living with allergies.
In today’s conversation we also discuss some of the possible reasons behind the rising prevalence of food allergies.
Most recently Simone has written her first book ‘Beyond the Allergy Diagnosis: A Guide to Understanding and Navigating the Emotional and Psychological Phases of Allergies’. Simone discusses how she wrote the book centred around the 8 phases of an allergy journey and how the book is written to provide practical tools and support to individuals and families.
We enjoyed today's chat with the warm and passionate Simone Albert. And we hope you do too.
For the full list of show notes go to our website Healthier Homes and Living.COM.AU
Join us for a chat about:
How Sim’s family journey began with life threatening allergies
Sim’s personal experience as a mum
The difficulty in starting school with a chronic condition such as allergies
The necessity of schools to be supportive but also recognise the individuality of each child and case
Some of the challenges Sim’s son faced and felt
Some reflections from hindsight
Some possible theories for the rise in allergies
The psychological and mental health aspect of allergy diagnosis
Sim’s passion to be preventative in our mental health
What you can do to support someone you know with allergies and what not to do or say
How it is important to extend invitations to children with allergies
The deliberate organisation of the book through phases
Why Sim encourages journaling
How we can start to train our mind to think positively
Some tips for a family experiencing a NEW allergy diagnosis
HHL, Cyndi O'Meara and Empowering Yourself with Knowledge, Ancestral Eating and Critical Thinking- Episode 11
Today we have back nutritionist, film maker, best-selling author, international and TEDx speaker, and founder of Changing Habits and the Nutrition Academy, Cyndi O Meara.
In May, we spoke to Cyndi about the changes in agriculture, the chemical food system vs regenerative farming, the importance of community, what wheat is today?, glyphosate, its registered use in Australia and spreading the awareness and manifesting what you want.
Today we, delve deeper into food. We explore our anthropological origins and how that historical knowledge can inform us of how to nourish ourselves properly.
Cyndi also generously shares an in depth look into some of the topics covered in her nutrition course and how knowledge gleamed from the course will not only empower you to nourish yourself but also those around you as well.
Today's episode also explores some of the rising fear amongst some people in the current climate and Cyndi shares her Top 15 Tips on what you can do to build yourself up instead of being afraid.
There are lots of actionable and empowering gold in today's episode but there is also some new topics around the current climate mentioned too, we ask that if you so wish to explore those further, that you explore them with an open mind and with critical thinking.
We enjoyed todays chat with the passionate, genuine and generous Cyndi O Meara. And we hope you do too.
Join us for a chat about:
Why the Nutrition Academy- how Cyndi’s Nutrition Academy course helps you work out what is what with food?
The benefits for individuals to improve their own health with food
Anthropological principals and how it influences us today
The body’s innate ability to respond to the right ingredients
The ability to be a critical thinker once you have a philosophy
The gut connection to our immune system and its importance of feeding the gut and what it needs
Diet, heart health, cholesterol, sugar, ketogenesis
The importance of feeding someone properly and how the state governments ridiculous $2.50 allowance per person in homes is inadequate
The empowerment of a mother (and graduates) in completing this course and then being able to nourish herself and her family and thereby positively impacting her family’s health and the planets
How the course enables graduates to support, consult and educate others because not only do they have the knowledge but the course assists them with how
The importance of being a ‘critical thinker’ especially for our health now
The important “eat real food” message at the moment
The importance of self education
The benefits of courses to assist our growth and knowledge
How to be part of the first intake and get ONN’s Healthier Homes course for FREE
The FREE microbiome post graduate course for graduates of the nutrition course
The Healthy Keto Way Course and how it can help you get out of the sugar-crazy-breakfast-cereal life and get back into control
The problem with eating today and benefits of cyclical ketosis for most people
How we should be focusing on what we can do instead of focusing on fear
What FEAR stands for
A personal account of a friend who contracted the virus on returning to Australia
The Department of Health and Human Resources acknowledgment that COV-19 symptoms are enough for documentation of a COV-19 case without a test
How wrong the Codral advertising of ‘soldering on’ is and people should stay home if they are unwell
Its time to stop being afraid and focus on what you can do with Cyndi's Top 15 Tips
Go to our website for a full list of show notes with all the links from todays podcast.
HHL, Jane Vandermeer and Personal Care Products that Support Us, Fast Fashion and Dressing for Confidence- Episode 10
With people becoming more conscious of the benefits of lowering the amount of chemicals they are exposed to and searching for more ‘natural’ products, it is important to be discerning when choosing products.
You see when a company begins with the aim of it being low tox or healthier or green, it is important to look at the motivation and ethics behind it. As our interview with researcher and business owner Jessica Kiely last month highlighted, manufacturers are clever at including some of the buzz words when describing their products in order to get your attention, without them necessarily being better or best for us.
So it is not only difficult to filter through the jargon but it can also be notoriously time consuming when trying to access the information that helps us make informed choices.
That’s why we couldn’t wait to introduce our listeners to our conversation guest, Jane Vandermeer. Founder of Intuitive Whispers, Jane’s product range are up there with the best on the market in terms of health and doing what they say they do.
As a woman who has had a long and continued career in the fashion industry, she therefore knows what it is like to be on the go in high pressured environments and knows the need for products that perform.
With her own journey with many breast scares, research into product development and her unwavering stance on keeping her products high quality, so they do what they say they do, she is an inspiration to feminine beauty.
Beyond Jane’s divine range of personal care products, we believe it is important to highlight Jane’s expertise in the fashion industry where she still helps women as well.
We enjoyed our conversation with the gorgeous Jane and are sure you will to.
Join us for a chat about:
Jane’s beginnings in fashion
Women’s tendency to just ‘power through’ and ignore the whispers
The importance of self-care for women
What Jane takes from Eleanor Brayer
Jane’s journey of suppressing the knowledge of toxins in personal care products due to the lack of alternatives that work
Jane’s resulting breast lumps and heavy metal toxicity from the toxins in deodorants
Jane’s message of being educated so you can make choices based on what sits ok with you
Jane’s Breast Care deodorant and why it is a one of a kind product
How Jane is actively supporting creatives and young women’s emotions as well as their personal care needs with her Young Woman Deodorant
Jane’s product testing in different humidity’s and dedication to using what works
Jane’s plan to support men too
The Young Woman Deodorant’s angel wings and Jane’s special connection with her niece
Jane’s love of French perfume and how that has inspired her to create her high-grade beautiful perfumes
The benefit of purchasing the sample pack
The inspiration for each of Jane’s perfumes “Pretty”, “Magnifique” and “Beauty”
Jane’s nurturing work helping women and fashion
Jane’s new monthly membership (opening Aug 2020) akin to an affordable ‘private stylist’ to support women further
Jane’s realistic approach of focusing on our body shape and having key pieces as opposed to fast fashion
Here are the links to Jane's divine products:
Parfume Oils and Deodorants
Head to our website for all the FULL show notes and links from today's podcast.
Connect with HHL:
Our New Normal Facebook Page
HHL, R Blank and Managing Our EMF Exposure- Episode 9
Today’s interview is with R Blank.
R is an entrepreneur, technologist and author. He is the CEO of Shield Your Body, which creates and sells easy and affordable products for people trying to reduce their exposure to wireless radiation from devices like cell phones and laptops.
R has had an impressive 20-year career in software development for companies that include Apple, NBC, Disney, Microsoft, the NFL, IKEA and Mattel. He also co-founded Wildform where he co-created the first video encoder for Flash (which was sold to Google).
R has authored numerous articles, videos, courses and books in technology and software development.
With his experience and motivation, R stands out in the industry and offers knowledge that is easy to digest and understand.
Today’s interview is massive and even if you feel EMFs have been covered, there is so much more explored in today’s interview and so much gold unearthed as well.
We hope you enjoy this episode of Healthier Homes and Living with the incredible R Blank.
Join us for a chat about:
· What EMF stands for
· Where EMFs are created and where it all began
· How much ambient background EMFs have risen compared to naturally found EMFs on Earth
· How the amount of ambient background EMFs keeps growing each year
· The energy of ionizing EMFs compared to the energy of non-ionizing EMFs
· How the science of the last several decades shows that the original assumption that less powerful EMFs means less danger
· R’s 3 key takeaway facts when assisting his father write the book Overpowered
· R’s inspiration for creating SYB
· The growth in awareness from people about the dangers of EMFs
· The level of opposition surrounding current new technology rolling out
· R’s series of content development to not only educate concerns relating to EMFs but also give people an avenue of being able to express their concerns
· The historical pattern of irresponsibly deploying new technology despite the lack of testing
· Why new technologies differ from previous technologies
· Why the new technologies are proving to be a tipping point
· Why the new technology is not just a cell phone technology
· The new technologies ability to allow the explosion of the Internet of Things and therefore our exposures
· How solutions drive SYBs product development
· How we use the tech closest to us can greatly influence our personal exposures to EMFs
· How the younger you are the more vulnerable you are to the effects of EM radiation
· The transparency of SYBs product claims
· The process taken to get an SYB product to market
· What an EMF attenuation test is
· SYB is the only company that has independently tested its entire product catalogue
· SYBs latest product available to protect your entire body whilst you are sleeping
· R’S aim to bring products to market that can protect people from EMF sources that are not in their immediate control
· What consumers should be aware of before buying shielding products
· Why it is important to use a shielding product in the manner for which they are designed
· Rs most common and useful immediate easy swaps or habit changes that are cheap or FREE that you can do today to lower your exposure to harmful EMFs
· R’s take-home message that it is what you do with the technology closest to you that is in your control that can dramatically reduce your exposure to harmful EMFs
· Why distance is key!
· R’s empowering message that even though there is no escaping EMF exposure, there are things we can do to manage it
HHL, Joachim Herrmann and Healthy Homes and Building Biology- Episode 8
Today’s conversation is with Joachim Herrmann.
Joachim is a pioneer in the Australian Building Biology industry who originally studied the German Building Biology course in New Zealand. Passionate about biology, ecology and social studies he has always been interested in making connections.
It is no surprise then that when he conducts home and office consultations throughout NSW to improve health and productivity, he often works in conjunction with other holistic healing professionals like allergy specialists, child therapists, naturopaths or integrative medicine practitioners.
In today’s conversation Joachim explains why he created the Healthy House Australia certification and what it encompasses. We also delve into some of the important factors Building Biologists look for to help their clients and discuss many tips that people can start to consider or adopt to assist them on their journey to establishing a healthy home.
We love that Joachim is a positive individual that is dedicated to providing empowering messages to help people on their journey to health.
We hope you enjoy this episode of Healthier Homes and Living with veteran Joachim Herrmann.
Join us for a chat about:
- Joachim’s beginnings in Germany
- The beginnings of Building Biology and Building Biology Standards in Germany
- Joachim’s Healthy House Australia Certification
- Joachim’s aspiration to provide people with Healthy Homes
- Issues overlooked with 6-star energy homes that are sealed
- The importance of ventilation and “breathing homes”
- Joachim’s simple steps to creating a healthy home
- How our cars are important spaces that shouldn’t be overlooked
- Some extreme findings Joachim has come across recently
- Why government standards for radiofrequencies varies between countries
- How the Australian standard for radiofrequency exposure is based on thermal effects and why it is inadequate
- Joachim’s passion for providing homes as a person’s sanctuary where they can rest and grow
- The importance of personalising homes by taking into consideration occupant’s individual needs and health
- The silver lining of lockdown allowing people to connect back with their homes
- Where to find Joachim
Visit our WEBSITE for the full show notes and products mentioned in this episode.
Connect with US on social media:
Our New Normal Facebook Page
Love the Content
Thanks ladies, I’ve listened to your first two podcasts and have really enjoyed them both. Thank you