“Live your life by doing something you love so it’s not a job, it’s a passion!” ~ Clare Pooley
Today we share the story behind the story of Kitty’s latest holiday read, The Sober Diaries by Clare Pooley, a book that not only resonated with Kitty, but also made her laugh and cry.
Clare’s career has taken her from working in the high-powered, alcohol fuelled industry of advertising to her current role of blogger, Ted speaker and author. Being of an era where alcohol was a big part of culture (think AbFab, Bridget Jones and ladettes) women have been embracing alcohol as a way to contend with high pressure roles - including parenting!
Today, Clare candidly shares her decision to not only stop drinking but she also highlights all the positive outcomes of taking this leap. Perhaps you too are tired of the feeling after a boozy night. Is wine-o-clock getting earlier and lasting longer? Is alcohol affecting your sleep patterns, weight, lifestyle choices? If you think cutting alcohol out of your life might be the next step for you, you have come to the right place! Even if it’s not on the cards, listen in and learn about the massive life improvements that could come as a result. You’ll also learn:
• The role social media plays in encouraging alcohol, especially around parenting, and what Anne Hathaway’s declaration is concerning this mix.
• How the soothing glass at the end of the day might not be as innocent as it seems.
• The hair-of-the-dog moment that was the final straw for Clare, and how the universe sent her the sign she needed to quit drinking.
• Hear about the process of Clare becoming alcohol free that lead to the birth of a community which not only served to help her, but many others too.
• What else you might be missing out on if you use alcohol to blur the edges of life...
• Tips on ways you can make the transition easier, more fun, and still go to the party!
• There doesn’t need to be a split between hobbies and work. With ease, one can turn into the other.
Do you want to make the leap to a new life; one with more energy and time to do what you love? If you’re on the brink but unsure, you will hear heartfelt advice and encouragement to guide you on your journey. Now, more than ever before, there is plenty of support.
Connect with Clare on her blog mummywasasecretdrinker or through Facebook sobermummy
We love hearing from our Kitty Listeners! If you’ve got a question about today’s episode or want to leave us some inbox love, you can email us at email@example.comOr, you can always find Kitty chatting in our Kitty Talks Facebook Community. Become part of the Kitty Club and sign up www.kittytalks.com
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.