Welcome to Life On Purpose with Erica Layne, a podcast to help overwhelmed women find focus and peace. I’m Erica, founder of The Life On Purpose Movement, bestselling author, and a mom of three. I know what it’s like to get so busy meeting everyone else’s needs that you forget to meet your own. Through this podcast, I want to give you full permission to slow down, let go, invest in yourself, and believe that you are enough just as you are.
Decluttering? How to Break Through the 5 Most Common Blocks
Decluttering is one of the most tangible, accessible, and immediate ways to lighten your load. But there are a few common blocks that we ALL come up against, and today, I’m going to teach you how to break through them!
Do YOU get stuck on any of these?
“I might need this someday!” “I paid good money for this!” “I can’t use this special item; it might get damaged or worn out!” “I want to declutter, but I have such a hard time getting rid of sentimental things!” “I can’t declutter because my partner and kids aren’t on board.”
* Ask the expert: How to live with messes AND enjoy a tidy home, from Desirae Endres, host of Life with Intention
* Drowning in STUFF? Free checklist: 100 Things to Get Rid Of—To Simplify Your Home
* Blog post for this episode
* Grab my short book, The Truth About Clutter, this week while it’s on sale!
* Connect with me on Instagram
* Got a question for our upcoming Q&A? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Question” in the subject line
21 Quick Wins to Simplify Your Home Life
“If you want to change the world, go home and love your family.” - Mother Teresa
It’s so true; it all starts at home. The only problem? I love my family best when I’m not stressed about the HOUSE. I love my family best when I have the headspace to actually see them.
Today’s episode will help you simplify your home life so you can give more love to the people you share it with.
* What matters most: What signposts, do you want to leave behind for anyone who’s (metaphorically) hiking behind you?
* Grab my free 5-step checklist, The Mental Clear-Out (get it allllll out!)
* Blog post for this episode: https://ericalayne.co/simplify-your-home-life/
* Favorite cord organizers
* Favorite drop zone organizers
* Connect with me on Instagram!
Stop Over-Researching, Make Quicker Decisions, AND Love What You Choose
Do you struggle with indecision and over-researching? It can seem harmless, but if you take a deeper look, you might notice that it’s contributing pretty heavily to your mental load. Let’s open up some time in your schedule and some space in your head by learning to curb the researching, make quicker decisions, and (most importantly) love what you choose.
* Try-on session: Are your goals not motivating you lately? Here’s why—and what you can use for motivation instead.
* Grab my free guide to determine your core values!
* Book rec - Essentialism (it’s excellent!)
* Connect with me on Instagram
Your Productivity ≠ Your Worth
Is your self-worth tangled up with how much you GET DONE every day? Do you feel guilty when you rest? This message is for the doers, the hustlers, the steady, non-stop workers. How productive you are does not determine how worthy you are.
* Off ramp: Stop letting other people’s opinions matter more than your own. Go inside instead.
* Decluttering tip: A simple but super effective exercise that’ll help you clear some clutter not from your home but from your calendar!
* Visit the blog post for today’s featured message: https://ericalayne.co/productivity-and-your-self-worth/
* Grab my free guide to determine your core values: https://ericalayne.co/values/
* Do YOU sometimes pin your worth on your productivity? I’d love to hear your story! Email me at email@example.com
5 Things I’ve Learned about Habits in the Last 5 Years
You start every week—every day—determined to stay on track with your goals. But somehow, willpower only takes you so far. Self-control seems to evaporate as the day goes on. (Same here, friend!) But habits? Habits are something you do on autopilot. They don’t take self-control because they don’t require a decision. Why habits MATTER and how to set ones that stick: my top 5 lessons.
* Off ramp: Do you ever worry about what you’ll do with your time once your kids are older? Are you intimidated by the idea of finding traditional work again?
* Self-care spotlight: Notice the wall before you HIT the wall.
* Visit the blog post for today’s featured message: http://ericalayne.co/top-5-things-about-habits/
* Book rec: Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
* Book rec: Atomic Habits by James Clear
* My free monthly habit tracker: https://ericalayne.co/habits/
* My free worksheet to discover your purpose: https://ericalayne.co/purpose/
Conflicting Emotions Don’t Have to Hold You Back—You Can Hold Space for “And”
It’s uncomfortable to hold two conflicting emotions at once, and today I want to validate the fact that you’re normal for having them!
* Decluttering tip: What if every time you finished a product, you took a beat before replacing it?
* Do you have any conflicting emotions right now? Email me them at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Visit the blog post for today’s featured message: http://ericalayne.co/conflicting-emotions
* Connect on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thelifeonpurposemovement/
* Declutter your home in just 7 days: https://ericalayne.co/declutter-destress/
Customer ReviewsSee All
Packing a punch every time, gently delivered
Erica delivers her message clearly and concisely, in a lovely and easy to listen to tone. She is not overly prescriptive, but offer fantastic ideas for you to try on and apply to your own situation. She has a common sense approach, with valuable insights and perspectives. The episodes are really worth the time spent listening!
I have followed Erica on Instagram for a while but finally went to the podcasts yesterday... and ended up spending the day listening to all of them! Fantastic! The podcasts are so relevant to me. Erica is so easy to listen to and the podcasts are to the point. I have downloaded a few worksheets as well and they are very helpful. Can’t wait for the next episode 😊
Busy, working mums will love this podcast
Have now listened to all the episodes now. I find the content easy to connect with and love the length of the episodes as well as the recap at the end. Thank you Erika.