In episode #103, Madeline shares her personal story of loss. She has two living children and she has also experienced four miscarriages - three of which occurred after her youngest was born. Madeline is still in the thick of trying to get their third living child here safely, and she wants to share solidarity in the midst of this struggle.
Madeline shares her feelings surrounding being a carrier of a rare genetic syndrome that her son has. She knows that affected babies may be miscarried, stillborn, or die in infancy. Despite her fear, she longs for another baby and has gone to therapy to cope with her trauma in order to continue to try to conceive.
Topics Discussed: rare genetic syndrome and miscarriage, carrying a rare genetic syndrome, coping with the grief and sadness of recurrent pregnancy loss, trying to conceive despite fear of loss, grieving after miscarriage, honoring lost pregnancies
CONNECT WITH MADELINE -
MISCARRIAGE HOPE DESK RESOURCES-
Miscarriage Hope Desk aims to help women struggling miscarriage, pregnancy loss and recurrent miscarriages (RPL), by providing the following resources-
- Library of Articles, found here- https://miscarriagehopedesk.com/library/understanding-why/
- Instagram Community- https://instagram.com/miscarriagehopedesk
- Facebook Community- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1617075958466247/
- Free Miscarriage Lab Checklist- https://miscarriagehopedesk.com/labs
- Free Weekly Newsletter- http://miscarriagehopedesk.com/newsletter
FREE MEAL PLANS
Do you need help getting healthy, tasty meals on the table? Check out our sponsor Prep Dish, PrepDish.com/mhd to get 2 weeks FREE!
Get a FREE Miscarriage Lab Testing Checklist-