Interviewing leaders in enterprise innovation.
Interviewing leaders in enterprise innovation.
Lisa Gray - VFMC CEO on doing strategy in changing times and how to build a culture of innovation
Lisa Gray is the CEO of VFMC – the Victorian fund management corporation. Her career spans over 25 years predominantly in financial services having held various executive roles at NAB, MLC and Axa.
Lisa is a winner of the Telstra Business Women’s Award for medium-sized enterprises and prestigious Rupert Murdoch Fellowship for Leadership and Management.
This conversation covered so much of Lisa’s vast knowledge in leading for strong cultures and innovation including:
• Her ‘on the couch’ technique of sharing teams backstories to create more connection while the team is distributed
• Challenges and some success in creating an innovation culture (especially in financial services) an shares some ways leaders encourage creativity in their teams
• Why she is re-thinking how they approach strategy at VFMC now – replacing the detailed roadmap with an agile strategic agenda (20 mins)
• Beliefs about large scale transparency in organisations – offering everyone access to the same information (24 mins) and how we can make better decisions with limited information
Lisa holds a Bachelor of Town & Regional Planning with Honours (University of Melbourne), Graduate Diploma in Management (RMIT), MBA (University of Melbourne / Columbia University) and AMP (INSEAD).
Amy Childs from Momentum Energy - How To Lead Through A Crisis
If you are a leader (or aspiring to be) you do not want to miss this episode. Amy Child’s – award-winning Managing Director at Momentum Energy shares deeply and highly practical advice, and candid perspectives on how she had dealt with and led through the challenges of recent months. If you want no-nonsense advice on how to lead with courage and humanity - this is the episode of you.
- Reflections on the empathic leadership style we need to see more of right now and what it means to relinquish control in times of major upheaval
- How an unconventional childhood growing up in Chile, plus family tragedy, shaped her beliefs around equality that influence many of her decisions today
- Her dedication and vision for workplace wellness and how she has managed to put this first at Momentum – plus details of the three initiatives the team have implemented to keep their people physically and mentally well.
Amy Child’s is the Managing Director of Momentum Energy. In just 4 years at Momentum, Amy has grown the customer base by a third and driven a major digital transformation to improve the customer experience and create efficiencies in the business. She's also established new, flexible ways of working with the fit-out of an environmentally friendly activity-based workplace - which recently won Gold at the Melbourne Design Awards.
Jasmine Smith from Swisse Wellness on developing people, new leadership & not doubting yourself
Jasmine Smith is the Director of People and Culture at Swisse. Jasmine Smith, Director, People and Culture, at Swisse Wellness, is a passionate people development professional who has extensive experience in leading and developing engaged and high performing teams.
Over her years of working with many innovative and successful brands (Lush Handmade Cosmetics, Mecca Cosmetica, T2 Tea), Jasmine has learnt that people are always an organisation’s most powerful differentiator.
In this episode Jasmine shares:
- How recent events call for new models of leadership and what they look like
- Lessons learned over the last few months and how Swisse is changing how they work
- Her beliefs about the ‘whole person’ approach to thriving at work, and how her past experiences have guide today
We hope you enjoy!
Space + Work: How this relationship is changing with Claudette Leeming from Australia Post
Claudette Leeming is the Head of Workspaces at Australia Post. She has spent her career in the property industry, with specialisation in Workplace Strategy, where she brings together technology and people & culture to positively influence workplace experience and effectiveness.
Claudette is constantly challenging how we operate to evolve the workplace to best enable the business - which has never been more relevant than right now.
In this episode we dive into:
- The big decisions leaders are making about their future workplaces and Claudette's thoughts on why you may not rush this
- Why you may not go to the office to 'work' in the future
- How to find the right working rhythms for you
We hope you enjoy this as much as we did !
How to bring creativity into every area of your life with Mykel Dixon
In the latest episode of the Naked Ambition podcast, we speak with award winning speaker, author and musician Mykel Dixon.
In our chat, Mykel shared his views and expert insights on:
Why he believes creativity is the #1 driver for personal fulfilment and professional success.
- The messy relationship between creativity, business and us.
- What it means to be an everyday creative (right now in the world) how he has navigated this
- And his practical advice for you how you can too.
How to have conversations that matter with Daniel Stillman
In this episode of the podcast we speak with Daniel Stillman the author of Good Talk and host of The Conversation Factory.
Daniel shared his views and expert insights on:
- Why you need to get good at having conversations with yourself before others
- The patterns present in every conversation
- A simple model for leaders to have better conversations
- and how good conversations became his calling
We hope you enjoy !
Customer ReviewsSee All
Listened to 3 podcasts in a row last night and got something (well lots of things) out of each one. Looking forward to attending Naked Ambitions Design Thinking course soon!
Brilliant, just Brilliant... a wonderfully produced and executed podcast... I can't wait for more!!!