If we count generously, about 5% of Australia knows Jesus and loves him. That leaves around 95% of Australia - approaching 23 million - without hope. And we’re convinced that God’s church is at the center of His plans for this world. But many churches are aging, many are closing their doors, and attendance over the past 30 years has been declining. But that’s not the end of the story.
Hey I’m Madeleine Galea
And I’m Derek Hanna
And we’re part of Geneva Push, the Australian church planting network.
We’re launching this new podcast series, Church Planting Australia, because we’re deeply convinced that new churches reach new people. Geneva Push, as part of the Reach Australia network, saw over 100 churches launched across Australia reaching thousands of people with the Gospel. This is an amazing work of God...but we know we’ve only just scratched the surface.
So what we’re working and praying for as we move towards 2030 is for 200 more churches. This is a big vision - and something that can only God can bring about. And if we’re going to get there, we’re going to need 200 more planters and planting couples to lead these churches, and hundreds more people to join them as they do.
So in this podcast, we want to push you to start thinking about whether you should be and could be part of leading or going with one of those 200 more churches we’re praying will be evangelised into existence across Australia to see tens of thousands reached with the Gospel through church planting.
To get started just type ‘church planting Australia’ into your podcasting app, or go to genevapush.com/plantingaustralia