Podcast by rope partners Fox and Mya, The Rope Podcast is an adult podcast about rope bondage, Shibari and Kinbaku. Listen for discussions of ties, rope topics and news, interviews, reviews of events and rope gear, and listener questions.
Ep83: Beach Rope
Fox and Mya go to the beach! Living in Thailand, the rope podcast hosts have more opportunity than some to go to the seaside, and when it’s appropriate, they tie there. They share their very practical experiences here on the podcast, so you can get all prepared for your next visit.
* Why go to the beach to do rope?
* Concerns about doing rope in public
* Privacy concerns
* Taking photos on the beach
* Environmental factors (so many!)
* Nature to look out for and things Mya is afraid of on the beach (it’s another long list)
* Tying at night
* Preparation and equipment - a useful list
* What they love about tying on the beach
* Things that have fallen on Fox’s head
And mostly importantly, sand management!
Ep82: Japanese Rope with WykD_Dave and Clover
Fox and Mya interview the lovely rope couple, @WykD_Dave and @clover for the second time - these two just have so much amazing rope knowledge and experience to share!
In this episode, Fox and Mya discuss with them their experience with Japanese rope, including Ichinawa, Semenawa, and helping to sort out some useful sources for those of us who can’t visit Japan or get relevant in-person teaching.
In the episode, hear them discuss:
* What is semenawa and how does it feel to the top and bottom
* What cherry blossoms have to do with rope!
* How Dave and Clover built their education and training in Japanese rope
* The importance of learning and development in rope, even when you’re experienced
* How they’ve developed their own ties
* How to start with Japanese rope and some of the difference between Japanese practitioners
* What do people get wrong about Japanese rope bondage in the West
* Emotions and rope
* Ichinawa and Dave’s seminal influence on the technique
Ep81: What to do when you ‘fail’ in rope
Fox and Mya discuss the concept of ‘failure’ in rope, its origin, and most importantly how we can either mitigate it, or even not create a situation where you might feel it in the first place. They share some of their own vulnerable feelings of failure and how they managed them together.
They also discuss:
* What do we mean by failure in rope
* Where do our feelings of failure come from externally and internally
* How communication between top and bottom impacts feelings of failure
* Injury and safewords and how they relate to feelings of failure
* Top and bottom examples of ‘failure’
* Aftercare after ‘failure’
* How to avoid feeling that you’ve failed in rope from the start
* The transferable skills from handling failure rope that you can use in the default world
They hope this episode is helpful to removing any feelings of failure you’ve experienced while doing wonderful rope. Have fun tying!
NB: This isn’t including the sort of failure incited via consensual emotional sado-masochism
Ep80: Emotional Sadomasochism and Rope: An Interview with EbiBex
@EbiBex is a a queer, masochistic bottom who (along with her partner @DWL), participates and teaches at national and international events.
In this discussion that covers edgeplay and some intense BDSM experiences and kinks, Fox and Mya discuss with EbiBex the concept of emotional sadomasochism, and what it might look like when played with in rope.
EbiBex really shared so much of herself in personal approach to this vulnerable topic, and Fox and Mya appreciated her contribution a great deal, and hope you enjoy her lively exploration of this sensitive area.
The discussion also covers:
◦ EbiBex’s journey into rope
◦ How the wider rope scene has changed, especially for rope bottoms, even in the six or so years she’s been in it
◦ Definitions and examples in rope of terms such as degradation, humiliation, objectification and shame
◦ How to negotiate for this kind of play, and discussion of risk profiles and safety
◦ The idea of ‘rope cuckholding’
◦ The differences for her between this and Non emo rope scenes
◦ Her views on subspace and the pressure the concept puts on scenes
◦ Her recommendations if you want to start exploring emotional sadomasochism with your rope
Fox and Mya discuss the rope concept of Microbondage - tying up smaller body parts, with small diameter ‘rope’.
They discuss in the episode:
* What parts of the body you might want to tie
* Different reasons that tops and bottoms might be interested in this type of rope
* How it feels to be in this type of rope
* The kind of bottoms who might NOT enjoy this type of rope and why
* Risks to different parts of the body to look out for (or just….weirdnesses bottoms might not like)
* How and when you might use it in a scene
* General safety considerations
Plus find out Mya’s favourite part of her body to be microbondaged…
Fox is on fire with his jokes in this episode so be warned ;)
Ep78: Sensuous Rope - Listener Question Episode
Fox and Mya discuss a listener suggestion from @z4DDy who said he would love to hear a discussion about sensuous rope. He suggested topics included: different means to create sensuousness, rope handling for sensuality, physical connection to enhance sensual connection, suspension types with sensuality and experiences of sensuality in rope.
Fox and Mya dig into the area and address his questions as well as:
* Sensual versus sexual rope
* How tops can use their bodies and physical sensation to create more sensuality
* Sensual rope handling
* How the bottom can increase the level of sensuality in a rope scene
* Non-rope factors to increase the level of sensuality in a scene
* The importance of creating a sense of safety with each other to increase sensuality
* The pros and cons of music
* Creating more sensuality in the different phases of a suspension tie
* Micro-expressions and why to pay attention to them in your partner
* How different types of bottom’s touch can express different emotions
* Mindfulness, presence and headspace
This episode was sponsored by FrictionLive.CA
Check them out!
Customer ReviewsSee All
Really interesting, funny and informative podcast
This is a super interesting and intelligent look into the world of rope bondage. Fox and Mya are very knowledgeable but also don’t take themselves too seriously. They have a lovely relationship that comes across in humour - I often smile listening to them speak to each other.
Practical and emotional insights from Top and Bottom
A great range of topics across interviews showing how much subtlety and depth there can be in rope bondage play.
Covering the technical, creative, emotional and consent aspects in practical and playful ways with perspective from Top and Bottom (and Middle) makes this an easy, fun and informative listen.