“Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Linus, Lucy, how can I ever forget them…” These were the final words from PEANUTS creator Charles M. Schulz (aka “Sparky”) in his last comic strip ever. As it so happened, the strip, announcing Sparky’s retirement, appeared in papers less than 24 hours after he passed away.
Jordan is joined by friend and PEANUTS aficionado, Cody, to discuss the final year of the PEANUTS comic strip, the universal appeal of Charlie Brown and the gang, and the many emotional memories the franchise provided the world. GOOD GRIEF!
See https://anchor.fm/year2000fix if you have trouble viewing the links below. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your memories and if you’d like to be on the podcast.
· The Final PEANUTS Strip EVER
· The “Peggy Jean” Strip Referenced in the 18-minute mark – My FAVORITE STRIP
· Info on Rerun and his role in Peanuts
· Backstory on Charlie Brown’s gf, Peggy Jean
· ABC Nightline on Peanuts – This special aired the night before Sparky’s death (not the night of as mistakenly stated in this episode).
· The Legacy of PEANUTS reviewed by Vox’s Emily VanDerWerff
· The Peanuts Licensing Deal with MetLife
· Details on the end of Peanuts
· Legacy Overview and Criticisms of Peanuts from Kotaku’s Kevin Wong
· Peanuts and American Culture
· Charles M. Schulz Museum Website
· Strip Cody Mentions (sorry it’s so small)
· Anyone want to buy me one of these paintings?