The Legal Ops Podcast is about all things legal operations, legal business and legal technology. It's hosted by Alex Rosenrauch and Elliot Leibu, legal ops professionals with experience and passion for this subject, and deep connections in the industry. Every episode covers a new aspect of transformation, operationalisation and technology implementation, overlaid with the human elements of change management and organisational psychology. If you're interested in the changing nature of legal services delivery, and you want to be a part of it, this is the podcast for you.
The Pulse: lawyers abandoning MS Word, legal tech capital raisings and the M2 MacBook Air
Alex and Elliot chat about:
* A recent survey suggesting lawyers are (possibly) moving away from MS Word
* Recent capital raisings by Evisort, SirionLabs and Dilitrust
* The M2 MacBook Air and what's to like (and not like) about it
Lawyers moving away from MS Word: https://www.artificiallawyer.com/2022/05/25/are-some-inhouse-lawyers-falling-out-of-love-with-word/
Talking Tech: Hyperion legal business advisory with Eyal Iffergan
Alex and Elliot interview Eyal Iffergan, Managing Director, Legal Business Advisory at Hyperion Global Partners.
Hyperion provides legal operations consultancy services to legal teams across the world. In this episode, Eyal, Alex and Elliot discuss technology roadmaps and data analytics, including:
* What a technology roadmap is, why it's important in both private practice and in-house and how it relates to the team's broader strategy.
* How legal operations is helping to drive the legal industry to become a "customer driven market".
* What legal teams typically do well (and less well) when creating a technology roadmap.
* What we mean by "legal metrics" and whether or not they must be quantifiable.
* What is most challenging: collecting, analysing or utilising metrics?
* What are the most critical metrics for a legal function to focus on.
Hyperion Global Partners: https://www.hyperiongp.com/
Hyperion Research: https://insights.hgpresearch.com/
CLOC Global Institute 2022
The Global Institute is the Corporate Legal Operations Consortium's flagship conference, which is held annually in Las Vegas, USA. The event was most recently held in May 2022 and attracted around 2,500 attendees from the legal operations ecosystem globally.
In this episode we transport you to the conference via the many recordings we made at the event. We interviewed speakers, fellow attendees, legal tech vendors and others. We also recorded our thoughts and reflections on many of the sessions, immediately after we came out of them.
If you couldn't attend the conference and you'd like to know what it's like, or you did attend and you want to relive it, this is the episode for you.
Our thanks to HBR Consulting for sponsoring this episode and for making it possible. Find out more about HBR here: https://www.hbrconsulting.com/
The Pulse: the road to CLOC 2022, legal tech capital raisings and ServiceNow expands its reach into legal
Alex and Elliot chat about:
* The (literal) road to the 2022 CLOC Global Institute
* Legal tech capital raisings by LinkSquares, Filevine and Athennian
* ServiceNow expanding further into the legal market
This episode would not be possible without the support of HBR Consulting. If you're attending CGI2022, make sure to visit their booth. You can find more information about them here: https://www.hbrconsulting.com/
Productivity tips for legal professionals
Want the best productivity tips from your peers in the legal industry? This is the episode for you!
Recently we asked our followers on LinkedIn to post their best productivity tips. This comprises the philosophies, tools and other awesome stuff that they just can't live without. And we got a great response!
In this episode Alex and Elliot go through all the tips, adding their analysis and views. They also discuss the core elements of productivity, how to approach each element and what works (and doesn't) for them.
Original LinkedIn post: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6914726124598046720
The 4 Ds: https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryancollinseurope/2018/06/14/effective-time-management/?sh=4d5ba51d1938
Talking Tech: Hyperion market research with Catherine Moynihan
In this Talking Tech episode Alex and Elliot interview Catherine Moynihan, Senior Director, Strategic Intelligence and Advisory at Hyperion Global Partners.
Hyperion provides legal operations consultancy services to legal teams across the world. In addition, their core business historically was the development of in-depth and high-quality research reports on all aspects of the legal tech market. In this episode we focus on those research reports, covering:
* What it is about the legal tech market that makes the reports valuable.
* What the reports cover, in what detail and how frequently they are updated.
* How Hyperion's customers use the reports both to understand the technology marketplace and to formulate and clarify their own requirements.
* How Hyperion's reports differ from others in the market.
* What trends Hyperion has seen in legal tech and what developments are expected in the future.
Check out Hyperion Global Partners: https://www.hyperiongp.com/
Catherine Moynihan on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/catherinejmoynihan/
Fantastic information for Legal Ops Professionals
Elliot and Alex do a great job operating this podcast, helping legal ops professionals in an evolving professional world.
All the questions you ever had about Legal Ops
A terrific podcast with a back to basics take on Legal Ops and what you need to know about everything related. Well done !