Heyyyy, welcome to the Life Without School podcast by Stark Raving Dad! Here to help you and your children live the life *you* want to, not just the one you’re told you should.
How We Became A Home Educating Family
The very, very squiggly story of how we became a home educating family, including:
• How we ended up at financial rock-bottom as 30 year olds (with two young children).
• How despite that we’ve made it possible to always have at least one of us not working and at home with the children.
• How we found the experience of attending three different schools across two different countries.
• How a serious chronic illness threatened to derail our life plans, but actually helped keep us on the right path.
• How our first attempt at homeschooling was an exhausting mess.
• How we started de-schooling ourselves, and eventually settled into unschooling.
You know how you look at those families online and say ‘wow, life has been so easy for them - no wonder they can make a lifestyle like that work’?
Yeah, that's not us.
Introducing Life Without School (Prologue)
In this very first episode of the Life Without School podcast, I'm talking about why it even needs to exist. Why I’m so passionate about shining a light on life paths for children that don’t involve the normal school thing. Why there are millions of children around the world who wake up each day feeling broken, not enough, and believing that the things that come most naturally to them are not important.
Thank you for listening - I hope you're as excited as I am about this podcast becoming a thing!
If you're not already, make sure you're signed up to get my emails so you never miss a new episode: https://starkravingdadblog.com/newsletter/
School (Can’t) Phobia
Thanks to my support group School Can’t (not won’t) I learned about your podcast and I’m so glad I did. Professionals are constantly telling us “school is the only way and there’s diabolical consequences if they don’t go”. It is so refreshing to have something else to listen to. Thank you ☺️
I have loved reading your blog Izzy and Im so delighted to listen to your podcast. Looking forward to many more.
Hello from a homeschooling mum from Melbourne!
You managed to verbalise how I have felt! As a new homeschooling family this is exactly what we needed to hear and we want more!!! Thank you for being so honest and vulnerable so that we can feel inspired and connected xx