We have been waiting to share this epic episode with you guys. This week we chat to the amazing Lily Nichols and debunk myths surrounding pregnancy nutrition & Gestational Diabetes.
Lily Nichols is a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist , Certified Diabetes Educator and an absolute pioneer in the pregnancy nutrition space. Her approach to nutrition embraces real food, integrative medicine, and mindful eating practices. In todays episode we dive deep into the condition gestational diabetes in pregnancy.
Lily provides information around:
- What gestational diabetes is?
- Why 1st trimester screening is important.
- How preconception care can influence pregnancy outcomes.
- The glucose tolerance test and its flaws.
- What are some options for screening for gestational diabetes.
And when you have 2 Nutritionists and a Dietician on the call, naturally the conversation leads into some pregnancy myth busting also.
Lily dives into:
- The misinformation that has been given around Vitamin A
- Why liver is an amazing food to add to your diet during pregnancy.
- We talk about food born illness and bust some myths around the consumption of eggs
and so much more.
This episode is full of amazing information. We hope you love it as much as we did.
Find Lily Nichols: