A highly skilled leader and strategist, Matt Davis is the CEO of Salvos Stores, servicing 350 stores across Australia with over 2000 team members and 10,000 volunteers. Previously holding roles in large NGOs and corporate retailers including ALDI and World Vision Australia, Matt combines his experience in the corporate and not-for-profit sectors to lead sustainable change and impact consumer experience.
Passionate about social and environmental change, Matt joins us on the podcast today to discuss Australia’s circular economy, and where to go from here. We discuss:
• How the sustainability movement has impacted the retail space and the innovative ways Salvos have improved their stores to diversify appeal and have more impact
• Matt’s experience of the circular economy and how Australian businesses can better utilise resource recovery to both reuse and remake items
• Salvos Store’s new collaboration, Moving the Needle, bringing together stakeholders across the textile space to discuss how to get consumers to be more conscious of the new items they purchase and donating more thoughtfully
• How companies are using blockchain technology to follow their impact through their product’s life cycle
• The strategic reset required for organisations to face the new COVID normal
Matt currently serves as Chair of Charitable Recycling Australia, advancing the governance, innovation and impact of charities and their retail shops around Australia. He has also previously served on the board of EACH, an organisation providing health and disability services. Passionate about purpose, Matt continues to seek new ways to have a positive impact on the social and environmental challenges being faced by our communities.
Salvos Stores Website: https://www.salvosstores.com.au/
Follow us: @_nakedambition