EL&C Baillieu Chief Investment Officer Malcolm Wood has upgraded his forecast for the Australian equity market. In this podcast, Mal discusses:
• The seven key reasons why the market should hit record highs;
• Why Australia’s fiscal stimulus far exceeds the cost of the economic downturn;
• How bank dividends may help provide a further positive catalyst for the market;
• Other sectors that should also benefit from the recovery, including transport, retail and wealth management;
• Our preferred asset allocation at this time, including an overweight position in Australian equities.
We encourage clients to keep in touch with their EL&C Baillieu adviser for the latest updates.