Listen to this podcast for an in-depth look at what a UX strategist does, how to overcome time constraints while writing a book for changing technologies, and why UX needs to be focused at business people. We also go over the 4 tenets of UX strategy according to Jaime Levy and why prototyping early is essential to strategy.
This is the third podcast in a thought-leadership series, by experience design agency Foolproof, interviewing the thinkers and doers in User Experience (UX) Strategy.
Episode four features Pamela Pavliscak, Experience Design Strategist, so make sure to subscribe to our podcast channel to catch this interview:
Interviewer: Tim Loo is the Executive Director of Strategy at Foolproof.
Interviewee: Jaime Levy is the author of ”UX Strategy”, a college professor, UX strategy consultant, and public speaker.
• What a UX strategist does [3:38]
• The challenges with writing a book and how to overcome them [6:17]
• Why the “UX Strategy” book is written for business people, not UX strategists [10:54]
• Jaime’s UX strategy framework [15:22]
• The 4 tenets of UX strategy [18:30]
• Tenant #1: business strategy [20:09]
• Tenant #2: validate user research [21:05]
• Tenant #3: value innovation [22:54]
• Tenant #4: killer UX [24:55]
• Why Airbnb succeeded and their competitors failed [26:00]
• How prototyping early is essential to strategy [30:01]
• Why programs are more important than products [34:15]
• Why enterprises need to experiment [37:10]
Connect with Foolproof:
Visit the Foolproof BLOG: http://www.foolproof.co.uk/thinking/
Like Foolproof on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/FoolproofUX
Follow Foolproof on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/Foolproof_UX