Marketing with meatballs, marinara, and psychographics. Ryan Foland speaks with marketing specialist Susan Izzo. Sue became an expert in marketing from bootstrapping her own sports agency. Today she shares her unique perspective on how to market yourself both to audiences and event organizers.
Ryan and Sue explore many aspects of professional speaking, including how to make meaningful connections with your audience and potential clients by figuring out what would appeal to them, then customizing your content or pitch from the get-go.
Listen to this podcast to find out:
- Why you need to not only understand the demographics but also the whole psychographics of the wants, needs, desires, and frustrations of your clients and audiences.
- How to make a perspective change re. audiences, which will help you both relax and offer better talks by releasing the need for perfection.
- Why you need to be consistent in your marketing by always using the same voice.
- How to silence (or at least soften) your inner critic, and how this can affect your stage presence and speaking business.
- How to cultivate relationships with event organizers, which will help you get referrals and be hired again in the future.