Mollie West Duffy: “Perfectionism is fundamentally a fear of failure.”
Duffy, a Wall Street Journal bestselling author, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how to use negative emotions to your advantage, plus:
- Why deleting social media doesn't stop social comparison (~04:13)
- How to balance letting go of control and being ambitious (~13:21)
- How to have a healthy relationship with your anger (~16:45)
- Sneaky signs you're dealing with burnout (~18:59)
- What to do if you're struggling with despair (~32:08)
Referenced in the episode:
- Duffy's newest book, Big Feelings.
- Duffy's previous bestselling book, No Hard Feelings.
- Follow Duffy's co-author, Liz Fosslien.
- Follow Duffy & Fosslien on Instagram.
- mbg Podcast episode #388, with Arthur Brooks, Ph.D.
- mbg Podcast episode #383, with Daniel Pink.
- A study on monkeys and social comparison.
Enjoy this episode sponsored by Sonos! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.