Today we talk to Dr. Gordon Goldsborough to get a little insight into his interest in historic buildings.
We also welcome back Andrew Unger, author of Once Removed to get his perspective on preservation and historical buildings.
And in-between we reveal which historic building is #9 on the list!
St. Vladimir’s CollegeRoblin, Municipality of Roblin
Established in 1941 as the Redemptorist Fathers College, this two-storey brick building was designed by priest-architect Philip Ruh. Expansion of the facility, the only Catholic high school for boys in Manitoba outside of Winnipeg, occurred in 1961, with a wing containing classrooms, laboratory, recreation room, and dormitory for over 100 boys, and between 1985 and 1986 with a gymnasium, stage-theatre, washrooms, and change rooms designed by architect Victor Deneka. Closed in 2002, the building has remained vacant despite plans for re-use as an English-language instruction facility. Local rumours hint at a new re-development plan.