A Matter of Trust, hosted by Creative Planning President Peter Mallouk and attorneys Annie Rogers and Christina Knopke, is a thoughtful, informed discussion about ideas, trends and developments in estate planning. Our mission is to educate and inspire people to make better financial choices through knowledge, tools and strategies that ensure a more prosperous future.
Common Mistakes in Estate Planning - Part 3
Episode 12: Common Mistakes in Estate Planning - Part 3
• Have you accounted for your business interests in your estate plan?
• Have you documented your wishes in writing?
• Planning for minor children and young adults
• Pitfalls of not having an estate plan
Common Mistakes in Estate Planning - Part 2 of 3
Episode 11: Common Mistakes in Estate Planning (Part 2 of 3)
• Importance of reviewing and updating estate planning documents over time and the reasons why
• Have you informed the people you have named in estate plan and told them where you keep your estate planning documents?
• Importance of making a list of your assets and accounts
Common Mistakes in Estate Planning - Part 1
Episode 10: Common mistakes in estate planning (Part 1 of 3)
• Should you add your children on your real estate deed or bank accounts to avoid probate?
• Is it a good idea to leave assets to one child for the benefit of a special needs child?
• Updating beneficiaries on accounts after the death of a spouse
Where to Start When Settling an Estate
Peter Mallouk and his co-hosts, Attorneys Annie Rogers and Chrissy Knopke, discuss safekeeping of documents like wills and trusts, and how this applies to digital assets, also. They tell how preserving documents has changed rapidly in the last 10 years, and how to keep them at your fingertips. Listen in as we explore these topics in the latest podcast episode.
Get Specific In Your Special-Needs Estate Planning
Peter Mallouk and his co-hosts, Attorneys Annie Rogers and Chrissy Knopke, discuss the important but often overlooked nuances of estate planning for someone with special needs. Surprisingly, a generous gift made without guidance can actually hinder more than help. Listen in as we explore these topics in the latest podcast episode.
How Moving Affects Your Estate Planning Documents
Peter Mallouk and his co-hosts, Attorneys Annie Rogers and Christina Knopke, discuss how your legal documents may need to change when you move to a new state. They reveal that while there’s no need to panic, a review from your new state’s perspective is in order. Listen in as we explore these topics in the latest podcast episode.