In our previous episode, Adam Thomas introduced how he uses a military technique (BLUF) for prioritisation. This week, former US Marine William Treseder – now co-founder and SVP of Product at innovation consultancy BMNT – joins us to talk about how he works with Government, Defense, Academic and Corporate clients to transform their innovation culture.
In this episode, sponsored by Amplitude, listen to learn about:
* Internal Accelarators
* The importance of Innovation
* Design Sprints
Quote of the Episode
Trying to deliver innovation, that was actually my problem – I thought it was something that I could bring in from the outside, vs realising it was something that needs to come from within the organisation. The tools used can be from outside, but ultimately it needs to be something that’s driven internally.
* Follow William on Twitter and LinkedIn
* Check out BMNT, the firm William co-founded.
* Jake Knapp’s approach to Design Sprints, as featured on Mind The Product, and in his book, Sprint: How To Solve Big Problems And Test Big Ideas In Just Five Days
* Jonathan Courtney’s episode on The Product Experience, How To Rock Your Workshops
Get in Touch, Rate Us and More!
* Visit The Product Experience homepage for more information and more episodes!
* Know the perfect guest? Great! Suggest them here
* Chat to us on Twitter or in our dedicated Mind the Product #podcast Slack channel
* Review us on your podcast app so that we can use your feedback to be better
* Like our theme music? It’s Hamburg-based Pau, featuring ProductTank Hamburg’s Arne Kittler!
The Product Experience is hosted by Lily Smith and Randy Silver.
Lily enjoys working as a consultant product manager with early-stage and growing startups and as a mentor to other product managers. She’s currently Head of Innovation at Go Compare and has spent 13 years in the tech industry working with startups in the SaaS and mobile space. She’s worked on a diverse range of products – leading the product teams through ...