In the pilot episode of Battle Rhythm Podcast, Steve and Stef introduce themselves and explain the purpose and format of the podcast. They discuss the end of Canada’s peacekeeping mission in Mali and the appointment of Canada’s first ambassador for Women, Peace and Security. In our Emerging Scholar segment, Stef speaks with James Anderson, a US Air Force intelligence officer and Fulbright Scholar on US-Canada security relations. Steve shares some of his thoughts on millennials in the debut of 'Steve's Peeves.' The feature interview guest is Dr. Dan Drezner, Professor of International Politics at Tufts University and Washington Post Columnist who offers his perspective on the frayed state of the liberal international order.
Battle Rhythm is part of the CGAI Podcast Network, © 2019, all rights reserved. Subscribe to the CGAI Podcast Network on SoundCloud, iTunes, or wherever else you can find Podcasts!
- Stéfanie von Hlatky: Associate Professor of political studies at Queen’s University and the former Director of the Queen’s Centre for International and Defence Policy (CIDP). Her research focuses on NATO, armed forces, military interventions, and defence policy.
- Stephen M. Saideman: Paterson Chair in International Affairs, as well as Director of the Canadian Defence and Security Network – Réseau Canadien Sur La Défense et la Sécurité, and Professor of International Affairs at Carleton University.
- Dr. Daniel Drezner, Professor of International Politics at Tufts University and Washington Post Columnist.
- James Anderson, a US Air Force intelligence officer and Fulbright Scholar. MA student at Queens University.
- CDSN-RCDS (https://www.cdsn-rcds.com/)
- "The Ideas Industry: How Pessimists, Partisans, and Plutocrats are Transforming the Marketplace of Ideas" by Daniel Drezner (https://global.oup.com/academic/product/the-ideas-industry-9780190264604?cc=ca&lang=en&)
Recording Date: June 25th, 2019