John Grimsmo of Grimsmo Knives and John Saunders of NYC CNC discuss their success, struggles, goals and more as machinists, business owners and entrepreneurs.
#248 - "The Trades Have Been Good To Me" - Tom Lipton
- DIY a Monochromatic Light Source & Optical Flats from Ukraine
- Geeking Out: Zeiss- From Eye Doc to CNC Machine Shop
- ERP System Development: Are We There Yet?
- 10 Rules for Entrepreneurial Success
- Okuma Chip Conveyor - Wasting Pans!
- Ultrasonic Cleaners
- The NEW Prusa: Don't Over-Engineer Parts!
- Thanksgiving in the USA
We really appreciate everyone who tunes in to listen, everyone who has helped us along the way, and everyone who is part of the CNC family!
#247 - Problems & More Problems
Saunders got his Okuma chip conveyer this morning. Horizontal milling machines. Haas lathe origin went wonky. Grimsmo is diving into optical flats. Watch this! Rask blade surface finish issues. Willemin updates.
#246 - CMM for the Poor Man, Dealing with Fraud, Okuma, Ripple on Spine of Knife
- Fraud and small businesses: Don't be emotional; make a protocol!
- Okuma Training & Pre-Staged Tooling Quirk in OSP: Post Processor Solution?
- Starrett Optical Comparator & Mitutoyo Electronic Indicator
- Visible Valley in Knife Spine: How to Pinpoint the Problem
- Debate on Hiring Gives Saunders New Perspective
- Higher Education: Is is a Must?
Read 10 pages per night!
The Hard Thing About Hard Things - Ben Horowitz
Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don't
#245 - How To Stay On Track
Student internships & explaining machining to a 16 year old. Willemin updates! Grimsmo purchased an optical comparator and it is incredible. Horizontal milling machines. Saunders' Okuma is getting isntalled. Daily to do lists is huge! Preview attachment Saunders regional map_v2.pdf
Saunders regional map_v2.pdf
#244 - Willemin, Okuma Genos M660, Automation, and More!
Grimsmo shares exciting updates about the powered up Willemin as Saunders eagerly awaits word on his own Willemin! Loading Code Onto Machines (Sneakernet, Ethernet, and Floppy Disks) Deep Dive into Automation Cells, Robot Arms, & Erowa Pallet System Haberle automation cell for Fanuc Robodrills:
- Okuma is arriving at SMW! Good thing they've got Northern Tool rigging skates Horizontal Milling Machines Podcast winner, "Stress is a choice." Starrett Optical Comparator strapped to the top of a Miada?
#243 - New Machines, New Adventures & Humbling Experiences
Saunders had a humbling experience shooting and editing a video to completion again! Watch here. New air compressors. Optical comparators. 8 Deadly wastes - D.O.W.N.T.I.M.E Saunders is getting his Okuma very soon! Grimsmo gets the Willemin powered up!
Return episode numbers
Hi there, been really enjoying this podcast!
You have recently removed episode numbers from the titles, I think it was better to have them, easier to track as the podcast app interface being sometimes finicky. Thanks!
I have been watching John and John on YouTube for years and finally got around to listening to their podcast. I can safely say I look forward to my commute to and from work everyday! The content is amazing and very inspiring for people who are looking to start their own business or even model concepts covered in their own lives.
Keep up the good work guys.
John and John both have really helped me up my game as an entrepreneur. They make most of there struggles public on this awesome podcast. Letting us know we all make mistakes. They focus on how we can learn and better ourselves from those mistakes. Keep up the good work.