Overwhelmed and confused by the wellness world?
In this podcast, Functional Nutritionist Fran Dargaville shares her simple, practical take on functional nutrition and gut health, and interviews awesome, inspiring humans on all things health and wellness.
Overcome frustrating digestive symptoms, get more energy, and while you’re at it - live a life you love.
#137: How to Support Your Thyroid Naturally
In this episode, we’re chatting about how you can support your thyroid naturally.
Thyroid dysfunction is extremely common, and is often behind common symptoms like fatigue, constipation and brain fog.
Here’s what we cover in this episode:
• The most common signs and symptoms of an underactive thyroid
• The blood tests you need in order to figure out exactly what’s going on with your thyroid
• Key foods and lifestyle factors to support thyroid function
• The main foods to avoid or minimise
#136: Coffee - Is It Bad?
In this episode, we’re chatting all about coffee.
I’m going to cover some of the benefits, and potential adverse effects of coffee, and give you some suggestions on how you can make coffee work for you, not against you.
I believe that in most cases, we can avoid having to give it up or take a break, so if you’re also a coffee lover, I’ll try my best to allow you to keep having coffee, but without any negative side effects.
#135: Signs of Leaky Gut & How to Overcome It
When we think of gut health, for most people, it’s only digestive symptoms that come to mind.
Here’s the thing though: you don’t have to have gut symptoms to have a gut problem.
So yes, there are digestive symptoms that can be linked to leaky gut, like bloating, constipation or diarrhoea.
But because of leaky gut, seemingly random symptoms like fatigue and period pain, can be caused by what’s going on in our GI tract.
In this episode, I cover:
• the signs you may have leaky gut
• what leaky gut is, and how it actually causes symptoms
• how to overcome leaky gut
Best of the Show: The Holistic Psychologist on a Holistic Approach to Depression, Anxiety & Trauma
Health is holistic, and mental wellness is no exception. I brought in the expert: Holistic Psychologist, Dr. Nicole LePera, to share with us her take on psychology.
Best of the Show: 10 Key Steps to Overcoming Constipation
In today’s episode, I’m going to walk you through the key steps to overcome constipation and get your gut moving.
Here’s what I cover:
• the main lifestyle factors that help relieve constipation
• the best food and supplements to help get your gut moving
• advanced strategies for overcoming constipation when you’ve tried everything
This is a two part series on constipation, so if you haven’t already, I’d recommend also checking out last week’s episode, where I covered the key factors at the root cause of constipation, how slow gut motility could potentially impact your health and 3 simple ways to assess your gut motility.
Best of the Show: Fasting, Coffee, Calories & The Female Metabolism
Are you exhausted, anxious or sleeping badly? Or maybe you have low energy, irritability, gut issues, period problems or poor thyroid function?
I speak with women daily who are doing things like fasting and HIIT training, which may actually be impacting their metabolism and body function on a whole.
So, if you’ve ever skipped a meal, skipped breakfast and maybe had a coffee or 2 instead or restricted your calorie intake, this episode is for you.
Here’s what I cover:
• The “male bias” and how it impacts science and what we know about health and nutrition
• Intermittent fasting - is it good for the female metabolism?
• What you need to know about coffee - is it bad for you? Should you give it up?
• The problem with calorie restriction
• The number one skill you need to learn on your journey to help you kick all your health goals