Welcome to the Holistic Spaces Podcast, brought to you by Mindful Design Feng Shui School. We hope to inspire you to create your own holistic spaces that nurture and resonate with you. Anjie Cho and Laura Morris are the founders of Mindful Design Feng Shui School. Together they have over two decades of experience designing harmonious spaces for their clients in their successful design businesses. Through articles, blogs, books, workshops, videos, and TV appearances, Laura and Anjie have guided thousands of people to shift their energy and revitalize their living spaces. Mindful Design School offers feng shui courses and certifications at mindfuldesignschool.com. Tune in the second and fourth Mondays of every month for a new podcast episode.
Episode 121: Unseen Energies with Chongtul Rinpoche
In this episode we are delighted to interview Chongtul Rinpoche, founder of Bon Shen Ling and teacher of the Bon religion. We loved talking to him about Bon, some of the connections between Bon and feng shui, and connecting to our own energy as a way to offer more peace to the world.
- What is Bon?
- The importance of starting new practices and studies with mindfulness
- The different levels of Bon teachings
- Opening our minds to what we cannot see
- The origins of Bon
- How Bon is connected to feng shui
- How making time for meditation can benefit the people around you
Episode 120: Using the Feng Shui Bagua to Spark Change
Ready to make a change in your life? Feng shui can help! Whether you want to invite new energy into your career, love life, health, or finances, we’re sharing simple feng shui tips that you can apply in your home to spark change.
- How to decide which bagua area to focus on, and why it’s important to focus!
- An easy way to get started with the bagua
- Feng shui tips to activate each area of the bagua
- How feng shui can help you start new projects
- Feng shui tips to start inviting more abundance
- Feng shui support for making changes in your health and wellbeing
- How to support your children with feng shui
- How to inspire self-growth and self-cultivation
- Feng shui tips to spark more visibility and recognition
- Feng shui suggestions to spark change in your career
- How to invite a partner with feng shui
Episode 119: Feng Shui Gardening with Will Brown
In this episode we’re joined by Mindful Design graduate Will Brown of Will Brown Interiors! We talked to Will all about feng shui and gardening, and how to balance the five elements in a garden.
- How Will decided to do his final project on feng shui and gardening
- Will’s experience creating a feng shui-inspired garden
- The emotional benefits of gardening
- How Will balanced the five elements in his garden using color, shape, and material
- Which plants Will chose for his feng shui garden
- Will and Laura’s suggestions for how to incorporate each of the five elements
Episode 118: Best Paint Colors For Your Front Door
Your front door is one of the most important parts of your home from a feng shui perspective, so it’s a good idea to give it some attention! In this episode, we’re sharing some of our favorite paint colors for front doors and what they represent.
- Why the front door is so important and what it means in feng shui
- The importance of tapping into your intuition when choosing colors for your home
- Our favorite paint colors for front doors and what each one represents
- Taking an individualized approach to choosing colors
- Why you should also take your design preferences and surroundings into account
- Why you don’t need to be afraid to paint your door the “wrong” color
Episode 117: Feng Shui 101: Best Bed Position
In this episode, we’re talking about an important and foundational feng shui concept: bed placement. We discuss why you should be mindful of where your bed is, and how to optimize this area of your home.
- What your bed represents in feng shui and why it’s so important
- The best way to position your bed in your bedroom for optimal feng shui
- Why we often focus on the public areas of our homes and ignore the private areas
- How your relationship to your home is mirrored in your relationship to yourself
- Bed positions to avoid
- How to make the most of a less-than-ideal bed position
- The personal shifts Anjie experienced after moving her bed
- What to do if you feel resistance to moving your bed
Episode 116: Ask Anjie & Laura
Welcome to the very first Ask Anjie & Laura episode of the Holistic Spaces Podcast! In this episode, we answered questions submitted by our newsletter subscribers about going back to school, crystal and essential oil recommendations, plants with pointy leaves, and how to boost confidence with feng shui.
- Feng shui suggestions for an adult going back to school part-time
- The best position for your desk or home workspace
- An overview of each of the bagua areas
- A recommended crystal to activate each area of the bagua
- Our favorite essential oil and how we work with it in our spaces
- Whether or not a listener should get rid of a plant with pointy leaves
- Feng shui adjustments to cultivate self-esteem and confidence
happy to see the podcasts continue
Hi Angie! Im osososo happy to see your podcasts are back. You make feng shui feel easy, natural and accessible to everyone. please please please keep em coming there is no other podcast for simple, informative and inspiring feng shui tips. Thank you!
LOVE this podcast!
Ok, so I just stumbled across this podcast yesterday but I cannot help writing a review after listening to about five or six different episodes. Anjie is such an excellent speaker and a very clear communicator. She offers a ton of really practical tips (already purchased some rose quartz for the bedroom) and has a very pleasant voice (hey - that matters!). I like that the episodes are not too short OR too long and that they offer actionable steps that you can take to improve your home and reclaim your energy. Very inspiring - thank you! Can't wait to hear more. With gratitude, Ralitza.
LOVE THIS PODCAST!
I have been searching for a good podcast about feng shui for a while and when I heard Anjie being interviewed on another podcast, and sharing all of her incredible wisdom about Feng Shui, I knew I had found what I’ve been searching for. This podcast shares A TON of useful tips that are doable and realistic for peoples unique spaces. Thank you Anjie for creating these amazing podcasts! Can’t wait to hear more!