The Holistic Wealth Podcast with Keisha Blair – the weekly podcast about everyday people who are finding a new path to success in the 21st-century economy – launches with inspiring and highly motivational guests. The show will also showcase various experts on the key pillars of holistic wealth such as financial wellness, physical health, emotional wellness, and spiritual health.
Hosted by Keisha Blair, Award-winning, bestselling author of Holistic Wealth: 32 Life Lessons To Help You Find Purpose, Prosperity and Happiness.
Female Entrepreneurship & Bookends: A Memoir of Love, Loss and Literature with Zibby Owens
In this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, our special guest is Zibby Owens, and we’re discussing female entrepreneurship and Bookends: A Memoir of Loss, Love and Literature with Zibby Owens. Zibby is the founder of Zibby Owens Media, a privately-held media company designed to help busy people live their best lives by connecting to books and each other. The three divisions include Zibby Books, a publishing house for fiction and memoir, Zcast, a podcast network powered by Acast including, Zibby’s award-winning podcast Moms Don’t Have Time to Read Books, and Moms Don’t Have Time To, a new content and community site including Zibby’s Virtual Book Club, events, and the former Moms Don’t Have Time to Write. Zibby is the Editor of two anthologies (Moms Don’t Have Time to Have Kids and Moms Don’t Have Time To A Quarantine Anthology), a children’s book Princess Charming, and now a memoir Bookends: A Memoir of Love, Loss, and Literature.
In this episode, we discussed female entrepreneurship, including growing and scaling a business, dealing with divorce, coping with grief, and advice for aspiring authors. Tune in to listen to this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair and special guest Zibby Owens.
Essential Resources Used In This Episode:
Bookends: A Memoir of Love, Loss, and Literature by Zibby Owens.
Holistic Wealth (Expanded and Updated): 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom by Keisha Blair.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
• Zibby’s amazing entrepreneurial journey, from her love of books to becoming the CEO of her own publishing company.
• How Zibby coped with grief with the loss of her best friend in 9/11 in the September 11 Terrorist Attacks.
• Learn how to scale and grow a business organically and lead authentically.
• Zibby’s perspective and advice on publishing a book and becoming an established writer.
Creating New Equality Rules in the Workplace to Become Fortune 500 Rules, with Shelley Zalis, CEO of The Female Quotient
In this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, our extraordinary guest is Shelley Zalis. In this episode, we're discussing creating new equality rules in the workplace to become “Fortune 500 Rules”. Shelley Zalis is the CEO of The Female Quotient, she is an internationally renowned thought leader, movement maker, and champion of equality. She is a pioneer for online research, becoming the first female chief executive ranked in the research industry’s top 25. Today, as CEO of The Female Quotient, Shelley works with Fortune 500 companies and impacts organizations to advance equality in the workplace. Through its signature pop-up experience, the Equality Lounge®, the Global Exchange and advisory services, The Female Quotient has created an international community of women rising up to catalyze change. A firm believer in giving back with generosity, Zalis is a proud mentor to women around the world.
Shelley authors a Forbes column that provides virtual mentorship for women in middle management. She is co-founder of #SeeHer, a movement led by the Association of National Advertisers to increase the accurate portrayal of women and girls in advertising and media. She is on the board of directors for MAKERS.
In this episode, we discussed creating workplace equity in Fortune 500 companies to improve the workplace for women. We also discussed the recipe needed to make lasting change in the workplace. Here are some alarming stats from The Female Quotient:
· Only one in five C-suite leaders is a woman.
· Fewer than one in 30 C-suite leaders is a woman of colour.
· The initial promotion to manager is one of the biggest obstacles women face on their career ladder.
· Women, particularly those with low incomes, drop out of the workforce at a rate 3x higher than men due to caregiving responsibilities.
Tune in to listen to this episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, with special guest, Shelley Zalis.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Holistic Wealth Expanded and Updated: 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom by Keisha Blair.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
• Shelley’s amazing journey, and leaving her practice to start The Female Quotient.
• Learn why creating lasting change around workplace equality is taking so long and what we need to do. Listen to Shelley’s “Steamship theory” of change and how it impacts Fortune 500 companies.
• How to create lasting change even in Fortune 500 companies, where it’s harder and more static workplace culture.
• Why organizations and leaders need to prioritize skills like empathy and resilience as priority skills in the workplace.
• Shelley’s thoughts on thriving through a global pandemic– and why caregiving needs to be prioritized for women.
• Learn some tips and strategies to cope with a toxic workplace.
Female Competition and Rivalry (Why do Women Compete?)
In this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, our special guest is Sonia Jackson Myles, and we’re discussing female competition and rivalry (why do women compete?) and teaching girls to love themselves. Female competition and rivalry can be toxic and lethal (Check out Chapter 2 of the new Holistic Wealth Expanded and Updated book).
Sonia has a mission to bring 1 billion women and girls together to learn how to love themselves and each other and drive out the socialization of competing as women. Sonia’s background is in Corporate America, and before launching the Sister Accord she spent 20 years managing a budget of $20 billion. She has worked for Ford Motor Company, The Gillette Company and Procter & Gamble. Her last corporate role was P&G’s Director, Global Packaging Purchasing, managing $6 billion in spending.
Learn how Sonia took a huge step out of her comfort zone, and the corporate world, to prove her heart-based passion to help women recognize their inner beauty and talents. Sonia is the Founder, President & CEO of The Sister Accord® Foundation, which has 3 areas of focus: Educating girls and women, Enlightening girls and women about the Power of Sisterhood and Eradicating bullying and violence against girls and women. Sonia is also CEO of The Accord Group LLC, which is a leadership development, executive coaching, employee engagement, branding & diversity consultancy.
This episode will give you strategies and tips to lead in your career or business, recognizing the patterns in your life that add up to your direction and mission, giving love and kindness as true strength and the courage it takes to implement it. This episode offers tips to help remove the socialization patterns and habits that women have been exposed to, to compete and gossip about each other by identifying strengths that are unique to each of us, and collaborating, no longer feeling we need to be chosen based on our looks, or how hard we work.
Check out the 9th Annual Sister Accord®️ Day Celebration of Sisterhood, LOVE & Kindness on August 31st, 2022, which will also feature headliner Grammy® nominated Artist Kenny Lattimore, and Le’Andria Johnson, powerhouse Grammy® Award-Winning Gospel Recording Artist. All female college students who attend the event will be eligible to apply for The Nella D. Jackson Memorial Scholarship (in honour of Sonia’s mother). Two $5000 scholarships will be awarded during the 4th quarter of this year. Additional honorees will be announced (details for the event are posted below). Tune in to listen to this amazing episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair and special guest Sonia Jackson Myles.
Resources Used In This Episode:
Holistic Wealth (Expanded and Updated): 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
• Sonia’s amazing entrepreneurial journey from Corporate America to leading her own company is dedicated to female empowerment.
• Learn why sisterhood and female empowerment is critical for all women, and how we can teach girls to love themselves and others.
• Learn how to activate your mission and purpose in life, and put in place practical strategies to achieve your goals.
• Sonia’s perspective and advice on managing a budget during high inflationary times, from Sonia’s professional experience managing corporate budgets.
• Sonia’s personal financial identity (based on Keisha Blair’s personal financial identity framework & quiz).
What Are Money Blocks (20 Money Blocks to Release to Achieve Financial Freedom)
In this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, we have an exciting solo episode on what are money blocks (20 money blocks to release to achieve financial freedom). We’re in the midst of a high-inflation period, with rising gas prices, rising food prices and rising interest rates – which can cause financial stress and serve to reinforce existing money blocks. Money Blocks can result in a lifetime of unfulfilled dreams, and financial stress. Money blocks can also result in millions of dollars in lifetime losses as well as financial anxiety and trauma.
In this episode I will walk you through the process of identifying money blocks (including ancestral money blocks) as well as strategies to release them so you can achieve financial freedom. In the NEW Holistic Wealth Expanded and Updated: 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom, there are many strategies throughout to help you release money blocks and master the “Art of Recovery From Disruption”. The Trauma of Money Certification program at the Institute on Holistic Wealth is packed with transformational strategies to help release money blocks and develop a new relationship with money. Tune in to listen to this episode of the Holistic wealth podcast with Keisha Blair.
What are Money Blocks?
Money blocks are false belief about money. Money blocks can be a series of thought patterns, habits and behaviours that actually block financial freedom. Ancestral money blocks, are essentially false beliefs about money passed down from your ancestors, that prevent you from achieving financial success. A great place to start to try to figure out your ancestral money blocks is looking back at what your parents or caregivers, were saying about money. What was the generation before that saying about money and really looking at the lineage of how money was talked about and related to how much you felt worthy of what you thought you could and couldn’t do.
20 Common Money Blocks to Release in Order To Achieve Financial Freedom
Here’s a quick list of 20 money blocks (Listen to the full episode of the podcast for strategies and tips to overcome money blocks):
1. Net Worth Equals Self-Worth – A major money block is the belief system that your net worth is tied to your self-worth and that having a certain salary or title – or a certain net worth makes you better or worst than others. Inevitably, this belief system can lead to disaster, if your self worth is constantly tied to your net worth. On any given day, or any given life-altering setback, it could mean that you see yourself (or someone else) as a failure.
2. Negative Self Talk – Negative self-talk is a drain on your inner resources and will prevent you from achieving holistic wealth.
3. Comparing Yourself to Others - Comparison to others puts you into an energy and mind frame of lack and scarcity. When you release this money block, and channel gratitude instead, you will begin to feel more abundant.
4. Goals Not Aligned with Your Purpose – Mis-alignment of goals can cause a lack of focus and confusion, resulting in loss of income, and resources mis-aligned.
5. Limiting Beliefs (Money is evil) – Think of all your decisions as either a depletion or addition to your holistic wealth bank account – and focus on activities that enrich you.
6. Lack of Forgiveness for Past Money Mistakes – forgiving yourself for past money mistakes reduces financial anxiety and builds money confidence.
7. Negative Emotions (E.g., Grudges, Jealousy) – Letting go of negative emotions, getting connected with friends and loved ones reduces negative emotions.
8. Avoiding Your Finances - can be catastrophic and will actually prevent you from achieving financial freedom. It also considered a “money disorder”.
9. Not Listening to Your Intuition – Let your inner GPS guide you.
Closing the Pay Gap for Black Creators
In this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, our very special guest is Darick Spears. Darick is an author of more than 150 books, songwriter, and entrepreneur, and he shares his perspective on closing the pay gap for Black Creators. According to Darick, in an article he shared on Black Enterprise: “So much of online culture is gleaned from Black creators, yet these creators often receive little to no credit in return—financial or otherwise”.
According to a recent study by MSL U.S. in partnership with the Influencer League, there is a 29 percent pay gap between white influencers and Black, indigenous or other people of colour. Between, white and Black influencers, the gap in pay increased to 35 percent. Nearly 50 percent of the Black influencers who participated in the study noted race played a key role in why their services fall below market value. The racial wealth gap is a topic we’ve discussed in several episodes of the Holistic Wealth podcast and is also covered in the new Holistic Wealth Expanded and Updated: 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom.
From childhood, Darick Spears processed the world through his notebook. Darick was born with a mind constantly on the move; dreaming up new ideas, analyzing the world around him, and making magic from the mundane. He didn’t know how to communicate his musings to the people around him so he turned to a place of no restriction and no judgement; his notebook. Since that day, Darick has explored expression in a myriad of different mediums. From books to plays to films, hip-hop albums, and poems. His creativity knows no limits and his words inspire without boundaries. Today, he is a respected National speaker, inspiring entrepreneur, critically acclaimed screenwriter, and industry notable songwriter with titles that have appeared on The Grammy Ballad. Tune in to listen, this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth Podcast with special guest, Darick Spears.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
• Darick’s amazing journey, and transitioning from a stay-at-home dad of 10 years to opening his own bookstore.
• The pay gap for Black Creators, reasons why it exists, plus strategies to reduce the pay gap for Black Creators (on a personal level).
• Darick's experience as a full-time stay-at-home dad, and the lessons aspiring entrepreneurs can all benefit from to transition and start their own business.
• Darick’s thoughts on thriving through a global pandemic, and how Black Creators can thrive in business.
• Why entrepreneurs need to own their work, know their value and work smarter to achieve success.
• Darick's personal financial identity (based on Keisha Blair's Personal Financial Identity Framework and Quiz, and how it affects her everyday finances and money decisions.
HOW TO MAKE FAIR FINANCIAL DECISIONS WHEN YOUR PARTNER EARNS SIGNIFICANTLY MORE THAN YOU
In this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, we have an exciting solo episode on how to make fair financial decisions when your partner earns significantly more than you. We’re in the midst of a high-inflation period, with rising gas prices, rising food prices and rising interest rates, and couples are finding it harder to cope financially. We ¬are also in the midst of a Great Resignation Wave, and many experts are a¬lso now predicting that we will experience a recession in 2022. The pandemic has caused us all to look more deeply at our lives to examine the direction we want our post-pandemic lives to take. In this episode I will walk you through effective strategies to make fair financial decisions when your spouse or partner earns more (or less) than you do.
The latest Gallup Economy and Personal Finance poll, conducted between April 1-19, found Americans' rating of their financial health sliding significantly, with a third citing inflation and another 10% citing energy costs as the top financial problems facing their family. There’s no doubt that personal finance is among the top issues facing couples today. In the NEW Holistic Wealth Expanded and Updated: 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom, there are many strategies throughout to help you master the “Art of Recovery From Disruption”.
In this special solo episode of the podcast episode, I will walk you through all of these steps outlined above and explore the different considerations as well as strategies for coping. I discussed various strategies from my new book: Holistic Wealth (Expanded and Updated): 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom. Tune in to this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Holistic Wealth (Expanded and Updated): 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom. Now Available.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
• Why the traditional 50/50 approach may be impractical, including some lessons and context from the NEW Holistic Wealth Expanded and Updated book by Keisha Blair.
• Learn some tips and strategies for making fair financial decisions in your marriage or relationship.
• Learn why empowering each individual in a relationship is key. In addition, learn why making fair financial decisions is important to avoid financial infidelity.
• How the Holistic Wealth Method (developed by Keisha Blair and outlined in Holistic Wealth) helps you to make fair financial decisions with your partner.