Next Play Sports CEO, Chrissi Sanders takes you behind the scenes of the sports and entertainment business. She breaks down the latest business moves in entertainment and sports, the entrepreneurial stories of athletes, artists and industry pros. It’s Not Just A Game covers mindset, productivity, entrepreneurship in sports, entertainment, marketing and more.
21. How women of color in sports can secure their seat at the table with author of The Memo: Minda Harts
On today's episode of the It's Not Just A Game Podcast Chrissi chats with award winning author, entrepreneur and speaker Minda Harts about how black women in sports can begin securing their seat at the table in the sports business.
Minda is the author of The Memo: What Women of Color Need to Know to Secure a Seat at the Table.
In the episode Minda discusses her journey into corporate advocacy, self-advocacy, how feminism isn't always inclusive to women of color, getting past micro-aggressions/bias etc to get to thriving in your purpose.
20. Sports Philanthropy: How athletes can use social capital to set themselves up for better transitions from sports w/ Samantha Rogers
On today's episode of the It's Not Just A Game Podcast Chrissi chats with Samantha Rogers, founder of Relate Social Capital about sports philanthropy and what moves athletes can make before and during their careers to set themselves up for successful transitions from sports.
19. How Bad Do You Want It: How underrated players can get on college and pro recruiters' radar w/ JUCO to Pro Basketball player Rebecca Harris
On today's episode of the It's Not Just a Game Podcast, Chrissi talks to pro basketball player Rebecca Harris about her journey from junior college to D1 to professional basketball. They discuss ways high school athletes can get on college coaches' radar, cold calling, the WNBA and more.
18. The Hard Truth About Competition
The hard truth about competition, market saturation and all of that.
17. "You Can't Fix the Wage Gap, Without Fixing the Coverage Gap" w/ the Founders of Future MillionHeirs
On today's episode of the It's Not Just A Game Podcast, Chrissi is joined by the founders of digital media platform Future MillionHeirs-- Hailey Marsh, Ali Simpson and Amanda Ephrom.
They discuss bringing a new voice to women's sports coverage, closing the coverage gap between men and women sports, diversity and inclusion in women's sports coverage and more.
16. From Knoxville to Nike Campaigns: Authenticity, Branding and Athlete Transitions w/ former University of Tennessee Lady Vol Kayla Jeter
On today's episode of the It's Not Just A Game Podcast, former University of Tennessee Lady Vols volleyball player Kayla Jeter joins the show to share how embracing authenticity helped her develop her brand as an athlete, discipline in times of uncertainty and much more.