What do pigeons, baguettes, and a Nintendo DSi all have in common?
Kevin Gemin, of course! AKA 'KekeFlipnote'!
Hailing from France, Keke’s work overflows with joy and charm.
It’s easy to recognize his work. Quite often, his animations feature adorably bouncy, dancing, happy animals, smiling and living their best lives in silly and sweet scenarios.
On top of this, the aesthetic of his animations is completely unique. Using his trusty Nintendo DSi as his go-to tool, the final look of his animations is a semi-pixelated 2D affair, unable to be replicated using any other program outside of the FlipNote Studio app.
If you ever need to put a smile on your face, just turn to Keke’s work. You’ll be grinning ear-to-ear in no time!
In today’s interview, we learn…
- “Why pigeons, foxes, and baguettes?”
- How FlipNote Studio’s unique magic captured Keke’s heart
- Exactly how Keke creates one of his gifs in FlipNote Studio… and it’s not as straight-forward as you’d think
- How Keke makes his squash and stretch ‘just so squashy and stretchy’
- And surviving the naysayers and focusing on what brings you joy
This episode is an indie production from your hosts, Jessica Doll & Lauren Morse.
Our theme music is provided by Azureflux.