Podcast focused on topics, trends and educational discussions for the pulp, paper, tissue, packaging and converting industry.
Paper360 Better Together - TAPPICon LIVE! Part 2
Welcome to Paper360°’s Better Together podcast, and our second “Live From TAPPICon” special episode. Designed and run by working professionals in the industry, TAPPICon features multiple program tracks, an exhibit floor, networking events, and more.
In this episode, we capture some of this exciting event for listeners by welcoming these guests:
· Claire Hammontree, fifth-year student at NCSU, who tells us about TAPPI’s interactive Mentor Match event held right at this year’s TAPPICon;
· Chris McMillen, senior product manager - condition monitoring at Bentley Nevada, discussing how condition monitoring can help papermakers make informed decisions;
· Dustin Ziegelman, pulp and paper engineer at Footprint, sharing why molded pulp offers huge potential for replacing single-use plastics; and
· Lu Athnos, account manager at ABB, who tells us about the very cool technology on wheels that ABB drove right onto the show floor at TAPPICon.
Be sure to check out “Live from TAPPICon—Part 1” as well, and mark your calendars for TAPPICon 2022, which will be held May 1-5 in Charlotte, NC. Learn more at www.tappicon.org.
Paper360 Better Together - TAPPICon LIVE! Part 1
This is the first of two special “Live from TAPPICon” podcast episodes, each including four of our live mini-interviews from the 2021 event. Designed and run by working professionals in the industry, TAPPICon features multiple program tracks, an exhibit floor, networking events and more. Our guests for this episode are:
· Mike Grey, senior vice president at Valmet Inc., discussing technology, Resilience, and how both shape our industry;
· Earn Sakornpan, product manager at Cosasco, who tells us how corrosion monitoring helps his customers protect their valuable assets;
· Eric Blazej, national industrial sales manager at Proco, who tells us how their products help customers avoid catastrophic failure; and
· Jennifer Piercy, executive director, Pulp & Paper Advisory Board at NCSU, who shares her passion for helping talented students find their place in our industry.
These interviews capture only a fraction of the energy of TAPPICon. To experience it in person, mark your calendars for the TAPPICon 2022, which will be held May 1-5 in Charlotte, NC. Learn more at www.tappicon.org.
Also, be sure to check out “Live from TAPPICon—Part 2”, where we welcome four more industry professionals to Paper360°’s Better Together podcast.
Paper360 Better Together - SuperCorrExpo LIVE! Part 2
This is the second of two special episodes of Better Together recorded during SuperCorrExpo in Orlando, FL, in August 2021. Packaging professionals know SuperCorrExpo as one of the most influential corrugated packaging shows in the Western Hemisphere. We set up our podcast booth on the huge exhibit floor to try to capture some of the energy and enthusiasm generated by this highly anticipated event. To share their perspectives on the corrugated industry and tell us about the innovations on display at SuperCorrExpo, we welcome the following guests to this special episode:
· Matt Miller, Helios, who will tell us about his company’s innovative machine learning platforms.
· Frank Mallozzi, EFI, introducing a next-level technology that can enable the industry to envision, design, and create new products.
· Heather Jennings, Bio Huma Netics, Inc., discussing diversity and innovation for the corrugated industry.
· Johann Perera, Hummingbird/Georgia Pacific, showcasing that company’s incredibly agile new large-format digital printing.
We hope listeners will enjoy this special “Live from SuperCorrExpo!” episode. Be sure to listen to Part 1 as well. You can also view a highlight reel of the event at www.supercorrexpo.org.
Paper360 Better Together - SuperCorrExpo LIVE! Part 1
This special episode of Better Together was recorded during SuperCorrExpo in Orlando, FL, in August 2021. Packaging professionals know SuperCorrExpo as one of the most influential corrugated packaging shows in the Western Hemisphere. We set up our podcast booth on the huge exhibit floor to try to capture some of the energy and enthusiasm generated by this highly anticipated event. To share their perspectives on the corrugated industry and tell us about the innovations on display at SuperCorrExpo, we invited the following professionals to be our guests for the episode:
· Adam Bland, Quantum Ink, who will share why Quantum is passionate about customer service;
· Steve Laszlo, Mitsubishi heavy industries, discussing augmented reality technology;
· George Folickman and Tyler Thompson, Tilia Labs, who will introduce us to Tilea’s Phoenix software system;
· Dr. Ben Frank, PCA, this year’s recipient of TAPPI’s Gunnar Nicholson Gold Medal, who will talk about his process of discovery.
This is the first of two episodes in our “Live from SuperCorrExpo!” series; Part 2 will post next week. In the meantime, view a highlight reel of the event at www.supercorrexpo.org.
Paper360 Better Together - Karen Dillon “Market-Creating Innovation”
In this episode we welcome Karen Dillon, an acclaimed author, speaker, and thought leader in the areas of innovation, leadership, and personal success. Join Karen Dillon and Paper360° Editorial Director Jan Bottiglieri as they discuss What Dillon calls “Market-Creating Innovation” – the type of innovation that can really make a difference for producers and end-users.
It starts with a struggle, she says. Once companies learn to identify where their customers are struggling, opportunities open up. “It’s really exciting, because you can see struggle in very surprising places,” she says. “And if you can see the struggle, you can start thinking from scratch about solving it.”
We also discuss how leaders can foster innovation; what it means to support “prosperity”, and how the paper industry is particularly well-positioned to take advantage of new opportunities for success.
Paper360 Better Together - Ed Stuczynski
Today we talk with Ed Stuczynski, an engineer with Menasha Packaging Company and this year’s program chair for SuperCorrExpo, coming up August 8 -12, 2021 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL. Held only once every four years, SuperCorrExpo is one of the most influential corrugated packaging-focused trade shows in the Western Hemisphere—and Ed will be giving us a “sneak peek” at what’s in store.
We also talk about the effects that COVID-19 has had on the corrugated packaging industry and whether those effects are likely to last. For instance, Ed suggests that the pandemic effects are forcing the industry to look at automation differently. “Labor shortages have been an issue,” he says. “I think we’re going to look at ways to automate the process… and automation often leads to better-paying jobs.”
Join Ed Stuczynski and Paper360° Editorial Director Jan Bottiglieri for an engaging look at what’s ahead for corrugated – and make sure to register for SuperCorrExpo!
For SuperCorrExpo program highlights and registration: https://supercorrexpo.org