Sheri Salata grew up outside of Chicago and worked with the daytime television titan for more than 20 years with one of the most heralded jobs on the planet as the executive producer of “The Oprah Winfrey Show.” In this episode, Sheri gives us some AMAZING takeaways from her tenure working with Oprah.
But as AMAZING as it sounds, Sheri says, “It was not a straight shot by any means! I think that when people hear about a 20-year career with Oprah Winfrey, it sounds like I just left college and sailed right into Harpo studios and started climbing up the ladder. But the truth is, I did not start at The Oprah Winfrey Show until I was 35 years old, in an entry-level position.”
Over her 20+ career, Sheri was privy to EVERYTHING that was pitched to Oprah, and she’s used that knowledge to expand her depth with regard to her own business and passions—from diet trends to celebrity drama, fitness crazes and spiritual movements. Sheri had access to many of the secrets that passed through Oprah’s studios, and today we uncover what those professional lessons did for Sheri and her business, and what it can do for YOU TOO!
Sheri shares with me what happened to her personally through her journey. During her professional career, she LOST herself; gained and lost 40, 60, and 100 pounds; smoked cigarettes; didn’t marry or have children; and when she made the decision to leave the show, she began her REAL journey to find herself again.
THIS is a story of reinvention over 50 — RELEASING A LIFETIME OF SHAME AND SADNESS.
Some of the best takeaways from this episode:
* How to use life’s “Magical Glasses” and how that can lead you to fast life transformations and reinventions.
* How to see a story in someone and how to use that story to teach and connect deeply to an audience.
* What TRULY made the Oprah Show work.
* What running a BILLION dollar media company was like, and the secret to producing 100+ shows a year FOR DECADES.
* How we are “curators of our own reality” — and how to use that to increase your consciousness.
* How to intentionally create the most magical moments in your life and how to utilize those to shape your mission.
* TThe power in taking simple actions to make the biggest moves that produce the most significant results.
Grab of copy of Sheri’s book, The Beautiful No: And Other Tales of Trial, Transcendence, and Transformation, check out her podcast, The Sheri + Nancy Show, and visit her website at the www.ThePillarLife.com.