Elite Experts Conferences Podcast: it is always the people who make a technology exciting, who make a brand attractive, who fill a company with corporate culture, a higher sense and vision. It's exactly these brilliant personalities from the tech world that we will present to you in our new digital format.
We want to actively involve you as our appreciated community. Therefore we will always introduce the invited guests on LinkedIn first. You can ask the questions you are interested in in the comments and we will take them into account.
You can expect the following: super brains of the technical world, innovative lateral thinkers, charismatic techies, modern leaders, courageous people who pursue their visions with passion, promising startups as well as cool global players.
The race against time - a look behind the scenes at innovations scouting
The next Elite Experts Conferences’ podcast episode is online. The topic of this premium panel is: "The race against time - a look behind the scenes at innovations scouting". By focusing on how huge companies do innovation scouting at startups and live co-creation, this episode is highly recommended for all tech startups that are in the mobility topics. It's doubly recommended for anyone in the autonomous driving space. You'll also see why in a moment. But it's also equally interesting for any global player working in the tech space who wants to do innovation scouting or even actively build their own startup hub. We have invited brilliant guests who could report exactly about that.
Let's welcome our exciting guests:
- Viktoria Ilger as Team Lead Startup Initiative at Creators Expedition - an AVL initiative which is a startup initiative at AVL.
- Christian Weber as Global Director Advanced Engineering ADAS & Technology Council at Continental
We talked about so many topics:
- How did AVL decide to create this kind of startup initiative
- How is Christian related to the actual startup hub program called "co-pace" at Continental
- Which topics are highly relevant in innovation scouting
- How a startup can get in contact and how long does this process take
- What would be the best pitch
- Some highly interesting co-cretion success stories were shared
- What are the key learnings from failed collaborations
- What are the most important success criteria for great collaborations?
- And many many many more interesting topics and insights…
And as always, remember that at the end of each episode our guests share a bit of their life experience and wisdom with us and as every time these answers are at least as exciting as the technical part.
Tune in and enjoy!
Eye-Net Mobile - for more safety on the road
It is our special pleasure to present to you the latest episode of the Elite Experts Conferences' podcast: „Eye-Net Mobile - for more safety on the road“. Our guest in this episode is Shuki Herzlinger, VP of Business Development at Eye-Net Mobile.
In this episode especially experts from the OEM sector should pay attention - especially if 'safety vision - aiming for zero' is your most important goal. Eye-Net is a tech company from Israel that aims to save many lives, especially those of vulnerable road users like pedestrians, cyclists, scooter drivers and so on by offering V2X accident prevention solutions and using smartphones and relying on existing cellular networks. In case of danger, road users, including car drivers, will get a real-time pre-collision alert and have enough time to react.
Tune in and let Shuki tell you how mature this technology is, which projects with exciting partners have already happened and why this technology is already symbiotic with existing ADAS systems and perfectly complements them.
Trailer Dynamics & Krone collaboration
In this episode of the Elite Experts Conferences podcast we take a look behind the scenes of a collaboration between a tech startup Trailer Dynamics and a global player in the transportation industry Krone Commercial Vehicle Group. Let’s feel the magic of this special cooperation that actually came out of a cold email. We not only look at the technical details of Trailer Dynamics' technology and its role in decarbonizing the transportation industry, but also at the cooperation between Trailer Dynamics and Krone.
The stage is set for our new guests:
- Abdullah Jaber: co-founder and Head of Development at Trailer Dynamics
- Michael Nimtsch: co-founder and Managing Director at Trailer Dynamics
- Dr. Stefan Binnewies: Member of the Management Board at Bernard Krone Holding
What do we learn in this episode:
- What are the basics of the technical implementation of Trailer Dynamic’s technology and how big is the positive environmental impact
- What is the short-term and long-term vision of Trailer Dynamics
- What is Krone's vision for the future and how can Trailer Dynamics help there along the way
- How Trailer Dynamics had also experienced very dark hours and why giving up was never an option
- What made Krone management team put so much trust in this particular startup
It's exciting knowledge, it's fun and entertaining, it's inspiring. Because as in every episode we don't just learn technical details, we also get to know the top lessons learned by our guests, we discover their leadership lessons, we learn what inspires them and what makes them feel more optimistic and empowered about the future.
Autonomous Driving & ADAS - progress towards the big vision
This podcast episode "Autonomous Driving & ADAS - progress towards the big vision" is a very special episode, because it's once again a Premium Panel with outstanding guests:
- Bernhard Müller-Bessler as Head of Autonomous Solutions at Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
- Georg List as Vice President of Corporate Strategy at AVL
- Dr. Sascha J. Semmler as Head of Innovation Continental Business Area Autonomous Mobility at Continental
It’s very honest, very entertaining, very challenging. It's again a mix of education, entertainment and inspiration - not only for those who are fully into AD & ADAS but also interested in e.g. effective collaborations between different players. No matter what sector you come from, be it agile startup or established global player - everyone will discover something useful for oneself.
This episode could also get another title: ‚Bringing honesty to a new level’.
Because once again our great guests, each one a unique personality, made it easy to create a pleasant atmosphere where knowledge was exchanged, where past, present and future challenges and difficulties were discussed very openly. Of course, there were also discussions about the solutions. One of them is the topic - collaborations. Insights were given about trends, developments processes, but also what do you do when you have in cooperation partner, a customer and also a competitor at the same time? How do you discover promising technologies in the startup sector at a very early stage and develop them together? How to sustainably and collegially build an entire ecosystem of partners? And many more topics.
Dry and boring? We can't serve you with that. Optimistic, energetic, entertaining and with a sense of humor - well, then you've come to the right place. So, be prepared for an exciting episode!
Battery industry paradigm - plan for mass production and permanent innovation adoption
The topic of this premium panel is: "Battery industry paradigm - plan for mass production and permanent innovation adoption“. If you are looking for 'dry, factual and boring' - you won't find it here. If you're looking for educating solid knowledge, entertaining positive spirit and inspiring insights, you've come to the right place. Because with these three great guests, this panel couldn't be anything but brilliant.
May we clear the digital stage for our excellent guests:
- Yann Vincent, CEO at ACC - Automotive Cells Company
- Dominique SCHEIDER, Head of Industry Strategy and Marketing for Transportation EMEA at Rockwell Automation
- Dr. Grzegorz (Greg) Ombach, Executive Vice President and Head of Battery Systems & Head of Group Strategy and Innovation at DRÄXLMAIER Group
What can you expect from that panel?
Yann, for example, had to answer the following questions:
- What did 2021 mean for ACC’s development
- What is ACC’s strategy to outperform competition like CATL, LG etc
- What are the key points that Europe can learn from Asia in battery production
- Which of ACC’s goals can be achieved more efficiently through a collaboration - listen to that - there is a huge business case behind that for some of our listeners!
Dominique contributed a lot of knowledge with regard to:
- What will be the major challenges in ramping up EV battery manufacturing to the mass production levels required
- What factors need to come together to enable flourishing battery mass production in Europe
- Details about the partnership with Cadenza and other strategic partnerships
- How can new players compete on price and/or battery performance
The questions for Greg were no less challenging:
- What are the biggest challenges on the way to mass production
- Some great examples of successful partnerships in the industry and an analysis what are the main success factors
- Great analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of increasing joint ventures between battery cell manufacturers and OEMs in the creation of new gigafactories
- Key learnings from working with suppliers and logistics providers to minimize emissions from the movement and storage of battery materials
And many more topics and questions. Of course we stay true to our format and at the end of the panel you will get to know the human side of the guests and their key learnings, which go beyond professional know how and are rather key learnings for leadership, for life.
Enjoy the magic of a successful panel and feel the great atmosphere we all enjoyed in this round.
Emerging Tech For Autonomous Vehicles: Advanced Stereo Sensing Solutions
In this episode we had the honor to welcome the next brilliant guests in the Elite Experts Conferences podcast: Benyamin Parto as Director of Business Development and Izac Assia as Director of Product Management at Foresight Automotive.
Foresight Automotive is an Israeli company and was founded in 2015 to be a strong player in the design, development and commercialization of stereo/quad camera vision systems for the automotive industry. Foresight’s stereoscopic technology is derived from its major shareholder Magna B.S.P’s field-proven security technology that has been deployed worldwide for almost 20 years and is IP-protected by patents. It incorporates 3D video analysis, advanced algorithms for image processing and sensor fusion.
We talked in this episode about highly relevant topics like:
- historical landscape of stereoscopic technology
- benefits of stereoscopic technology and some practical examples
- higher purpose and driving force of Foresight Automotive
- 'plug & play' software systems vs. tailor-made solutions for every customer
- trends and in sensor fusion and in ADAS in general
- and we also talked about the possible causes of what makes Israel in particular so unique, why it has deservedly risen to become THE start up and now even scale up nation
We wish you enjoyable listening!