Michelle Boland is a Ph.D, a certified strength and conditioning coach (CSCS) and the owner of Michelle Boland Training, LLC.
Michelle was previously the Director of Education at a private training facility and a Strength and Conditioning Coach for a D1 collegiate institution, working with a nationally ranked top 5 Women’s Ice Hockey team, a nationally ranked top 10 Men’s Ice Hockey team, and other teams including Field Hockey, Women’s Soccer, and Men’s Basketball.
She played soccer and basketball at the collegiate level while she completed a bachelor’s degree in nutrition. Michelle also has a master’s degree in strength and conditioning and a doctoral degree in exercise physiology.
As an educator and as a mentor, Michelle guides coaches in their decision making processes and helps them establish appropriate frameworks, systems and models to organize and utilize the information that they acquire along the way.
Michelle on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dr.michelleboland/
Work with Michelle: https://michelle-boland-training.mykajabi.com/Work_With_Me
0:22 - Intro
1:30 - Talking about the performance world
4:08 - When did you shift from coaching to educating coaches?
6:54 - How can young coaches or starting coaches find their own identify?
10:39 - How to balance the learning process
19:00 - How to date (but not marry) the systems or models that we find along the way?
24:48 - What was the influence of PRI on your coaching?
29:29 - What is the role of mentors in the learning process?
32:38 - Most influential books
34:10 - What do you like in the current performance/coaching field? What are some good things that are happening?
39:12 - What are some things that you don’t like seeing in the fitness industry?
40:38 - Where can people find out more about you and what you offer for coaches?
Full Video interview: https://youtu.be/lO_iPG5Y11w
- Dr Ben House Retreats: https://functionalmedicinecostarica.com/retreats/ (04:30?)
- Big 5 Personality Test: https://www.understandmyself.com/ (08:55)
- Frans Bosch - Strength training and coordination: an integrative approach: https://www.amazon.com/Strength-training-coordination-integrative-approach/dp/9490951277 (11:44)
- Jordan Peterson - Maps of Meaning Lecture Series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Xc2_FtpHI (12:06)
- how to date a system without marrying it https://www.instagram.com/p/CA6LXmCHyfS/?igshid=1swy82d6abgkp (19:10)
- Interview with Dr Pat Davidson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gTcERA-cmw (25:42)
- Lee Taft MD speed certification https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf59YpwGn3Y (34:38)
- Justin Moore Interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKhiF7R3Wqs (34:48)
- Mike Camporini https://instagram.com/campo_dpt?igshid=tmki1xyf9ggw (35:31)
- Dan Sanzo https://instagram.com/paradigm_shift_training?igshid=1gmoo0e26gctx (36:13)