This week we’ve been buying iPhones and playing with floppy disk emulators. We bring you new from the Ubuntu community and our favourite stories from past episodes of Ubuntu Podcast.
It’s Season 14 Episode 29 of the Ubuntu Podcast! Alan Pope, Mark Johnson and Martin Wimpress are connected and speaking to your brain.
In this week’s show:
* We discuss what we’ve been up to recently:
* Martin has been buying iPhones.
* Alan has been playing with Gotek Emulator.
* We discuss the community news:
* Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS released
* Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04 lifecycle extended to ten years
* Ubuntu is switching the default Firefox install from deb to snap
* We mention some events:
* UbuCon Asia 2021: 25 to 26 of Sept 2021 – Online.
* We discuss the news our favourite news stories from Ubuntu Podcasts past:
* YouTuber Jim Sterling has revealed a workaround for YouTube’s Content ID system
* Season 1 Episode 11
* Google Wave
* Image credit: Volodymyr Hryshchenko
* We are running a crowd funder to cover our audio production costs on Patreon.
* You can listen to the Ubuntu Podcast back catalogue on YouTube.
That’s all for this week! If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us or Toot us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our sub-Reddit.
* Join us in the Ubuntu Podcast Telegram group.