Welcome to The Luminary Agent Podcast. You’ll get honest conversation and actionable advice to grow your real estate business right now. We’ll talk about tried-and-true things every agent should be doing and up-and-coming marketing trends. You’ll also hear from industry influencers and top-performing agents around the country. Hosted by Luminary Agent’s CEO, Cody Martens.
EP031 - Become a Real Estate Instagram Ninja - Interview with Stacey Dearth
Want to up your Instagram game? Then this episode is for you.
This week, I interviewed Stacey Dearth of Old Republic Title. Stacey has a rich background in real estate and marketing. She was a very successful Realtor in Arizona who built a team of 13 people at its peak. She also competes in the fitness industry.
She's used Instagram heavily in both businesses and has become somewhat of an Instagram ninja. Stacey was kind enough to drop by The Luminary Agent Podcast to share her hot takes on how to be successful using Instagram for your real estate business.
EP030 - From Bartender to Rookie of the Year - Interview with Adam Buchanan
Do you ever sit down to have a conversation thinking it's going to be good, and then being shocked at just HOW good it really is?
That is how my conversation with Adam Buchanan went.
In this episode, Adam and I get into a little bit about:
* his history PRE (pre real estate)
* what led him from bartending to getting his real estate license
* what he did to become rookie of the year (hint: it's not new)
* the changes he's had to make in his life and the struggles he's had in his journey
* tips for new agents just getting started
Adam was such a fantastic podcast guest. I KNOW you will get something out of this episode, besides becoming a big Adam fan (which is inevitable).
EP029 - The 3 Pillars of Successful Agents - Interview with Jennifer Seidelman
I had the distinct pleasure of interviewing Jennifer Seidelman, Productivity Coach at Keller Williams Realty Professionals.
Jen and I talk about the 3 pillars of a successful agent. As Jen puts it, the three most important things that set an agent up for success are mindset, time blocking, and lead generation.
I ask Jen some specific questions, all of which she answers thoroughly and insightfully. Questions like:
* What does it take for an agent to be successful?
* What do you see successful agents doing that others do not?
* How can an agent get that drive to keep going forward?
* How can we hold ourselves accountable?
* What do many agents spend too much time on that they should delegate to others?
* How long does it take for an agent to become successful?
* Is there a place for million dollar agents and for agents who sell one house a quarter?
* What daily habits are critical to an agent's success?
* What are the top 3-5 metrics that every agent should track?
* Why do so many agents fail?
* What is something every agent should start doing from day one and never quit?
I really want to thank Jen for her time. This was an amazing episode that even I will come back and listen to again and again.
Here's how you can find Jen online:
Real Estate Website
As per usual, access the show notes on our website at https://luminaryagent.com/podcast/029.
EP028 - Investing in Real Estate as a Realtor (Plus a Couple Crazy Stories) - Interview with Willa Myrman
"The income you'd get off of a flip can be five times what you'd get working as a buyer's agent." This is why Willa invests in real estate and why she recommends other agents do, too.
Realtors are in a unique position. We have all of the tools we need to make smart decisions about investing in real estate. And we have the added ability to use our commissions to work for us. And we have the bonus of knowing about potential investments first.
It's a pretty great gig.
Willa gives us some great insights into how we as agents can start to invest in real estate. Words of warning as well as pro tips.
EP027 - How to Get Real Estate Business from LinkedIn - Interview with Tazz Weatherly
If you listen to GaryVee at all, you'll know that he's been hammering the importance of LinkedIn right now. LinkedIn today is Facebook 2011. Back when organic reach was a thing and businesses had a real chance of standing out and being seen.
I had the pleasure of having on Tazz Weatherly, a Realtor® from Boise, Idaho, who gets the majority of her real estate business from LinkedIn. Tazz has grown her real estate business from $0 in 2017 to having over six-figure years in 2018 and 2019 (already).
In this week's episode, I talk to Tazz about all sorts of things. Here are some of the highlights:
* What Tazz did P.R.E. (pre real estate)
* The day the universe told Tazz to go into real estate
* What led her to choose LinkedIn as her social media platform of choice
* How and why Tazz started using video on LinkedIn
* How to handle criticism on social media
* When Tazz started getting business from LinkedIn (hint: it was month one)
* How Tazz uses LinkedIn Premium to be proactive about reaching out
* Why Tazz is her authentic self, even on LinkedIn
* When Tazz started to assemble a team to help with content creation
* Is LInkedIn right for you?
* What is the best way to reach out to people on LinkedIn
Tazz is authentic, fun, easy to listen to, and is an open book. She has the right mindset for using social media to get clients (hint: it's a long-term play). Make sure you find Tazz on LinkedIn and YouTube.
As per usual, access the show notes on our website at https://luminaryagent.com/podcast/027.
EP026 - What is a Personal Brand?
Today, it's just you and me, kids, and we are going to talk about… personal brand!
Here's the thing: I think personal branding has become one of those buzz terms that gets thrown around a lot but is hard to actually define what people mean when they say it.
I mean, lezbehonest, it can cover a lot of different things. Do you actually mean brand identity or do you mean your reputation? Do you mean both? Neither?
Today, we're going to take a deep dive into what I think people like Gary Vee and others talk about when they say "personal brand."
Here are the questions we ask in today's episode:
* What is a personal brand? How do you define it?
* How do you build a personal brand?
* How do you build a personal brand WITH INTENTION?
* What are some other components that make up your personal brand?
Hopefully this provides some good insights to you. Remember, I love you all!
As per usual, access the show notes on our website at https://luminaryagent.com/podcast/026.