We founded Nomoko in 2015 and have learned a lot along the way. Here we talk about our vision for a spatial future, the power of Digital Twins to unlock the potential of industry, starting with our PropTech solution for real estate, and the lessons we've learned as a startup in Zürich.
Episode 39: Mario Facchinetti & Swiss Proptech
On this episode, we talk with our guest Mario Facchinetti from Swiss Proptech about the state of the industry and his experience with technology and innovation in real estate. On this episode are joining Nilson Kufus (CEO) and Max Gick (Business Dev) to discuss about this booming innovation space.
Episode 38: Empowering women in STEM in Switzerland and worldwide with Janet T. Phan
On this episode of the Mirror World Podcast we sit together with Janet T. Phan to talk about her journey, her passion for mentoring and the support of women in STEM in Switzerland and abroad and her incredible charity project - Thriving Elements.
Episode 37: The State of Proptech in Switzerland with Deniz Karahan
In this episode, we sit together with Deniz Karahan, the founder of Proptech Switzerland and talk about the origins of this fast growing community, their initiatives and what truly makes proptech, proptech.
Episode 35 - The work life balance of an entrepreneur
In this episode of the Mirror World podcast we talk about the work life balance of an entrepreneur together with Vincent Pedrini the CFO and co-founder of Nomoko.
Episode 34 - Today's Swiss startup ecosystem with David Butler
In this episode of the Mirror World podcast we talk about the Swiss startup ecosystem together with our guest David Butler, Director of the Swiss chapter of Startup Grind and Nilson Kufus, CEO and co-founder of Nomoko.
· 1:00 – David introduction, how he entered the startup scene
· 3:01 – The Swiss startups current state and observations
· 4:05 – Consumer focused startups
· 5:00 – Getting Switzerland on the global startup map
· 7:30 – The potential of the Zurich hub
· 8:35 – Funding rounds, are the big rounds accessible?
· 10:20 – The Get Your Guide and On running stories
· 12:00 – The risk averseness of startups
· 15:00 – Projecting high versus being more cautious. Celebrating startup successes
· 16:25 – Tesla stock soaring on the stock market. The success of Tesla.
· 19:20 – China’s fast pace
· 20:25 – The recent changes in the ecosystem. The story telling aspect is shifting in Switzerland
· 22:10 – European success stories
· 25:25 – Communicating difficulties and failure
· 28:35 – Failure stories and learning from them
· 35:40 – Considering entrepreneurship as a lifestyle versus entrepreneurship as a goal
· 41:06 – Struggle perceived as something negative
· 44:45 – Products coming out of Switzerland
· 48:20 – The strength in collaboration
Episode 33 - The complexity of Smart Cities with Sabrina Coccia
In this episode of the Mirror World podcast we talk about Smart cities together with our guest Sabrina Coccia who came to see us as part of the Horizon 2020 program and Lisa Li from the Nomoko team.
· 1:03 – Sabrina's introduction and background, how she got involved with Smart Cities
· 3:10 – The most attractive Smart City approaches
· 4:25 – The complexity of Smart Cities
· 5:12 – The origins of the Smart City concept
· 7:30 – The evolution of Smart Cities events, what is showcased today
· 10:17 – How can technology serve as a tool to improve our lives
· 11:40 – Startups in the Smart City space
· 12:25 – Privacy in Smart Cities
· 12:55 – How privacy is perceived in China
· 15:00 – Initiatives in Canada
· 16:35 – How does an ideal Smart City look like