Introduction to Cellular and Molecular Biology/Contemporary Biology
417 International Affairs
Biol. C2005 Sect 2 & F2401:
1. Introduction - Living things, Cells, Exponential growth, Water.
2. Water, Strong and weak chemical bonds, Small vs. large molecules, Bio-polymers. Acids and bases. Sugars.
3. Polysaccharides, Lipids, Phospholipids, Membranes.
5. Alpha helix, Beta sheet, 3-D structure, Subunit interaction, Domains.
6. Prosthetic groups, Membrane proteins, Catalysis, Enzymes, Protein purification methods, Chemical kinetics.
7. Enzyme kinetics, Enzyme inhibitors, Feedback inhibition, Free energy, Chemical reactions, ATP hydrolysis.