Kids Ministry Answers
5 Tips for Great Outreach in your Kidmin
In this episode, Carlee and TJ talk with Scott Santee from the Kids’ Clean Water Project through the organization Filter of Hope. They discuss the importance of helping kids understand that outreach isn’t an event, but a way of thinking and a response to what God is doing in their hearts. He gives some great tips and ideas for easy outreach projects you can do with your kids, and he talks about some easy experiential learning experiences, such as no-internet days and humble dinners.
1. Talk about outreach in your teaching.
2. Use experiential learning.
3. Give them something tangible to do.
4. Use teachable moments in everyday life.
5. Involve the whole church.
• Funny 2-minute VBS demo of the water filter: https://vimeo.com/275190190
• Video to show your kids at the beginning of your Kids’ Clean Water Project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je5lO1benrw&t=24s