Boss:Talks is the podcast series that finds out what the boss is really thinking. Interviewing bosses, CEO's, chairmen and women in future digital industries to gain real insight into the future working world.. the twist is.. it's the next generation asking the questions!
To get involved head to www.bosstalks.co.uk or download the free App!
What is Digital Media? Michelle Davis from www.weclickmedia.com explains!
Michelle Davis is an incredibly inspiring and insightful listen. Founder and MD of the very successful digital media company www.weclickmedia.com she has a wealth of knowledge to pass on about how the digital world ticks.
Here are the questions we asked her -
1. Could you explain what digital media means and what you do here at WeClick Media?
2. How important is it to have a website if you have your own business?
3. What makes a great website and impresses you the most?
4. What kind of jobs are there working for a digital media agency?
5. How important are social media sites like Facebook, twitter and instagram to your business?
6. What would be the best subjects to study if someone wanted to get into your field of work?
7. What do you look for in someone's CV?
8. What's the biggest mistakes people make in job interviews?
9. What does a day in the life of Michelle Davis look like?
10. What does marketing mean and what makes for good marketing?
11. You and your team have to stay very creative - what do you do to keep good ideas flowing?
12. What advice would you give to someone my age that wants to work in digital media?
13. Did you have a mentor and if so how important is it to have someone to advice you?
14. Who inspires you?
15. If you could work for any brand in the world who would it be and why?
16. What changes do you see in the future for the digital media industry?
17. Where can people find out more about your company and what is the best way to find out if there are opportunities to work for you?
To find out more about Boss:Talks head to www.bosstalks.co.uk or download our free App!!
How to get into the gaming industry! Mike Hawkyard from www.amuzo.com gives you the tips and hints to getting in!
Mike Hawkyard is the boss at www.amuzo.com and has real influence and experience when it comes to gaming. Amuzo has worked with world class brands such as the BBC, LEGO, Disney and Warner Bros. to highlight the power of games as part of a company’s marketing strategy. They develop games specifically to market a brand, product or company message in a dynamic, innovative and cost effective way that delivers measurable results.
Here is what we asked him!
1. There are so many young people that would love a career in the gaming industry - tell us how you did it and how things all started for you..
2. How did you do at school and what lessons influenced you the most?
3. You have a huge collection of games working with brands such as LEGO - how do you approach such large companies and what gave you the upper hand over other agencies?
4. What type of employment roles are there in the gaming industry?
5. What advice would you give to anyone who wants to work in your industry?
6. How important is a CV to you and what are the mistakes people make?
7. What do you look for in a new employee?
8. There are millions of gamers that would love to work within the industry - how can you make money out of gaming from your bedroom?
9. Your industry is hugely influenced by changes in technology - how do you keep up with this constant growth?
10. What do you do outside of work that helps you stay creative?
11. Did you have a mentor and how important is it to have someone to look up to in business?
12. What's the hardest thing you have faced in getting where you are?
13. If you could have worked on any game in the world what would it be and why?
14. I've heard that being successful is a mindset - what kind of attitude helps in achieving your dreams?
15. What's next for you guys?
16. Where can people find out more about your company and what is the best way to find out if there are opportunities to work for you?
To find out more about Boss:Talks check out www.bosstalks.co.uk or download our free App!!
How to get into the film industry! Georgina Hurcombe from www.lovelovefilms.com gives you the full download on how to get in to film making!
This week here at boss talks we have the pleasure of being joined by Georgina Hurcombe the founder and managing director of www.lovelovefilms.com - a Bournemouth based production company who make music videos, TV adverts, online animations and all things visual. We are very excited to have the award winning business woman of the year join us for Boss Talks..
Here are the questions we asked here -
1. You work in an incredibly exciting industry ..please tell us a little about what Love Love Films do.
2. Your the founder and managing director of the company.. Tell us how it all started for you and how you came up with the concept for Love Love Films.
3. Congratulations for winning business woman of the year and a Dorset Business Award! What would you say set you apart from your competition?
4. What did you study to be able to do this for a living?
5. What kind of employment roles are there here at Love Love Films?
6. My school friends and I are just about to choose our class options - what lessons would you say will help for your industry.
7. Why is video and visual content is so important to so many industries?
8. You made the video for Joss Stones single 'The Love We Had' which is brilliant! 9. 9. Where do you start when thinking about making a video for music?
10. How important is social media such as YouTube to 'Love Love Films'?
11. If you could create visuals for any brand in the world who would it be?
12. What advice would you give anyone that wants to get into making films or video's?
13. What do you look for when employing someone new?
14. What are some of the mistakes that people make in the job interview?
15. How important is a CV to you and what makes someone stand out from the crowd?
16. Ive heard that being creative is a mindset.. What do you do outside of work that keeps your mind creative?
17. Who inspires you?
18. Did you have a mentor and if so how important is it to have someone to advice you?
19. What does the future look like for you and Love Love Films?
20. Where can people find out more about what you do and if there are any employment opportunities?
To find out more about Boss:Talks check out www.bosstalks.co.uk or download our free App!
How to make Apps and save lives! Duncan Cook from www.3sidedcube.com tell us how you do it!
Boss Talks - Duncan Cook is the MD and founder of www.3sidedcube.com. A digital product studio based in Westbourne who create and develop Apps that save lives. They have enjoyed global success with 80% of their work being overseas and have won numerous awards. In addition to all of this they also pride themselves in having an amazing working environment and have created a very forward thinking workplace culture...
Here is what we asked him -
So firstly, you are a relatively young Business but have seen amazing results in your thinking.. Tell us how you started and a little bit about how the company has developed.
Your company prides itself on a very unique working culture. Tell me a little bit about what it's like to work for 3 sided cube and how you get the best out of your team.
App development and future technologies are a relatively new fields of industry so what did you study and achieve and how did you do at school?
What advice would you give to someone that is just about to choose theirs chool options.. What subjects would be most useful for your industry?
You have quite a young workforce with the average age being about 23..So apart from being young and dynamic, What is it you look for in an employee?
How important is someone's CV and what are the biggest mistakes people make?
Tell us a little bit about the Apps that you have made and how you came to developing them in the first place.
How do you and the team come up with the ideas and can you explain what rapid prototyping is?
What does the average day in the life of Duncan Cook look like?
Your industry is one of the fastest developing industries in the world. How do you keep up with all the changes in technology and stay on step ahead of your competitors?
What makes a good idea for an app and what would be the next step for anyone that has a great idea?
12. It's clear that being creative is a state of mind so what do you do outside of work that helps you stay creative?
13.What's the hardest thing you have faced in getting where you are?
14.Did you have a mentor and if so how important is it to learn from people with experience?
15.Who inspires you and why?
16.What advice would you give to anyone looking into becoming an App developer.
17.Where can people find out more about your company and what is the best way to find out if there are opportunities to work for you?
To find out more about Boss:Talks and how to get involved go to www.bosstalks.co.uk or download our free App!!
Beautiful branding! How to let the world know about a company.. Arabella Lewis-Smith from www.saladcreative.com gives us the real story!
Salad is a Poole based branding agency who craft beautiful branding strategies online and offline for local, national and international clients. Working with companies such as Elliot Brown Watches, Clipper Round The World Yacht Race and Dirty Blonde Glamour to name just a few.
Here is what we asked her!
1. Company branding and image is a huge part of any business, tell us a little about what your company does for others and the services you provide.
2. Your are responsible for branding some iconic companies - When creating a brand image what are the most important things to think of right from the beginning?
3. What kind of job roles are there working in your industry?
4. We are currently looking at our options for further education. So what subjects would you recommend to anyone looking at a career in digital industries?
5. How important is a CV to you and what makes someone stand out?
6. What are some of the mistakes people make in a job interview?
7. How important is social media to you and the clients you represent?
8. What could someone do, outside of qualifications, to help in getting a career in the digital industries like yours?
9. Who inspires you and why?
10. What do you do outside of the office that helps to keep you and your team creative?
11. Tell us a little about what it's like to work for Salad and the company culture.
12. Technology and the way we connect with brands is constantly evolving.. How do you keep up or even anticipate these changes?
13. In 5 years time what are going to be some of the key attributes to an employee?
14. You have achieved so much with your company - What would you say is the key to your success?
15. Do you have a mentor and if so how important is it to have guidance from others experience?
16. What do you think are the biggest hurdles young people face in being employed in the digital industries and how can they overcome them?
17. Where can people find out more about what you do and if there are any opportunities to work for you?
To find out more about Boss:Talks and how you could get involved check out www.bosstalks.co.uk or download our free App!!
What is PR and how can you make that into a career? Liz Lean from www.lizleanpr.co.uk lets you know what it takes!
This week here at BOSS:Talks we have been joined by Liz Lean the founder and managing director of LizLean PR. A very successful PR agency based in the beautiful region of Sandbanks. 18 years ago Liz was starting out from a desk in her bedroom and now employes 14 staff members and works with some amazing brands in the UK. Liz and her company believe in taking the clients reputation personally and doing everything they can to protect and improve that.
Here is what we asked her -
1. Could you explain what PR stands for and what your company does for other brands?
2. Tell us a little more about how you started and what your vision was from the beginning.
3. You company deals with crisis management - what does that mean and could you give us an example?
4. What do you look for most in any employee?
5. What different job roles are there working in PR?
6. How important is a CV to you and what are some of the mistakes people make?
7. What school subjects would be most useful to someone that is interested in PR?
8. What are some of the biggest changes you have seen in your industry over the years?
9. What are some of the biggest changes you predict will happen in PR over the next few years and how do you prepare for those changes?
10. What makes good PR and a great brand?
11. How important is social media to PR?
12. One of your roles is to speak on behalf of other companies. Where do you start when representing a new brand?
13. What does a day in the life of Liz Lean look like?
14. What could someone interested in PR do outside of school that would help their future career?
15. Who inspires you?
16. Where can people find out more about what you do and whats the best way to approach you to if someone is interested in working for you?
To find out more about Boss:Talks check out www.bosstalks.co.uk or download our free App!!