Removing Chemical Odors from Your Home’s Contents
In this episode of “Let’s Talk Indoor Air Quality,” we are joined by Leslie Reichert, “The Cleaning Coach”, a nationally-recognized green home keeping expert dedicated to educating people on keeping their homes, schools and work areas “green”. Leslie came on to the show to discuss cleaning products and what to look for when selecting cleaning products to use in your home. The program begins with a brief look at the toxic chemical found in cleaning products and how Leslie started her journey to become the well known and respected Green Cleaning Coach.
Toxic chemicals found in cleaning products
Found in: Many fragranced household products, such as air fresheners, dish soap, even toilet paper.
Health Risks: Phthalates are known endocrine disruptors. Men with higher phthalate compounds in their blood had correspondingly reduced sperm counts, according to a 2003 study conducted by researchers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Harvard School of Public Health.
2. PERCHLOROETHYLENE OR “PERC”
Found in: Dry-cleaning solutions, spot removers, and carpet and upholstery cleaners.
Health Risks: Perc is a neurotoxin, according to the chief scientist of environmental protection for the New York Attorney General’s office. And the EPA classifies perc as a “possible carcinogen” as well. People who live in residential buildings where dry cleaners are located have reported dizziness, loss of coordination and other symptoms.
first reported on-https://experiencelife.com/article/8-hidden-toxins-whats-lurking-in-your-cleaning-products/
Check out the full podcast below as Debra Lynn Dadd shares her insight on her concerns with indoor air quality and how she has seen the industry evolve over the last decade in regards towards air treatment and poor indoor air quality.
Check out the full podcast below as the green cleaning coach shares her insight on her concerns with indoor air quality and how she has seen the industry evolve over the last decade in regards towards air treatment and poor indoor air quality.