Do you want to build a brand and sell your designs on apparel like t-shirts, hoodies, hats and more? So do I! Let’s go figure it out, together. Join me, Alf Brand, Print on Demand and Amazon Merch entrepreneur, as we discuss the ins, outs, ups, and downs of building a business and a brand around print on demand products and Amazon Merch.
Q2 & Q3 Recap, New POD Graphics Bundle Product – Ep.16
In this episode, I revisit 2019 Q2 & Q3 results, as well as give you some insight into two merch plugins I use daily.
* Merch Wizard (https://merchwizard.app/)* Merch Informer Lister (https://merchinformer.com)
New Graphic Bundle Products
After 2 1/2 years of creating graphics for my POD designs. Its time to start sharing the love.
Introducing... $5 Files – Five Buck Files
Graphic assets created by me, Alf Brand. You won't find these anywhere else – they're fresh from my asset library and curated into bundles. With a pretty open license too. You can use the assets in your design (granted you embellish a bit). You can sell them on any POD product, for as long as you like, the more sales you make the happier I'll be.
The first of the Five Buck Files is a Halloween Bundle.
The bundle contains 30+ Halloween themed elements, in vector format EPS. This way you can break things apart and rework them with minimal effort.
And you'll also get a custom font called "Toxic Waste"... Yes, I make my own fonts too.
For a Limited Time, I'm making this Halloween bundle available to everyone at the introductory low price of - whatever you want to pay me.
Yup that’s right, for my loyal podcast listeners, and early-bird buyers, it's free ! Or, if you want to make a donation - I'm cool with that too.
I want this!
Bring Your Kids To Work Day, Q1 Merch Results & New Amazon Uploader – Ep.15
In this episode, I have some help from some special guests... My Daughters, who are joining me on this April 25th National Bring Your Kids to Work Day. See what they have to say about Dad and Merch as they help me go over the 2019 Q1 results.
I Tackle a bit of Q&A, answering some questions sent to me on the Facebook Group. One about the copyright of my designs and further clarifying how I handle reporting copycats to Amazon. and another on some ideas on buying yourself out of tier 25 from the UK or other foreign countries.
Finally, I discuss my initial thoughts on Merch by Amazon's new Multi Uploader beta.
Links in this episode
* Merch By Amazon – http://merch.amazon.com* Redbubble – http://redbubble.com* Goodwill - https://www.goodwill.org/* The Salvation Army - https://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/* Other Donations Ideas - https://www.moneycrashers.com/where-donate-clothes-charity/* Copyright Registration Law and Your Art - https://artbusiness.com/register_and_copyright_art_for_artists.html
Want me to answer your questions on the podcast? Join the POD Podcast Facebook Group and send me a message.
Where Was Alf? Plus: Swatting Copycats | Ep.14
After a Merch hiatus for some big life changes I'm back to give the lowdown on where I've been, as well as a recap on how my 2018 Q4 sales panned out. I also discuss a major copycat issue I had with best my selling design and, after some work, how I finally got Amazon to remove the copycats from their catalog.
Links from this
* Amazon's Report Infringement Form (https://www.amazon.com/report/infringement)* Merch and the world of print on demand (http://thepodpodcast.com/go/podbook)
Interview with Jacob Topping, Author of Merch and the World of Print On Demand | Ep.13
In this episode: Interview with Jacob Topping, Author of Merch and the World of Print On Demand. We discuss Jacob's journey in Merch and writing the 365-page book that covers everything from getting started with print on demand, to marketing, to outsourcing any or all parts of your merch business. It's an episode you won't want to miss, no matter where you are on your merch journey.
The Final 2017 Tally, Copycat Cleanup, Merch Goals for the Year Ahead | Ep.12
In this episode, I review the 2017 results – my first year in Merch. Discuss a peculiarly timed copyright takedown that happened the first week in January, and how I dealt with a P4P copycat I found ripping off one of my designs. New standard t-shirt stock to replace the Gildan Anvil shirts & what that means for your merch going forward. Plus, Goals for 2018.
Links in this episode
* Merch By Amazon – http://merch.amazon.com
* POD Podcast Merch Dashboard Google Sheet –https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZpETPVsREufPB77PtPDI2SMZEDy6TBSmn6k2fYcRJkk/edit?usp=sharing
* Redbubble – http://redbubble.com
* Placeit.net – – https://placeit.net/?rfsn=943594.202f7
Q4 Results So Far, the Future of Amazon Royalties, 12 Tools of Merchmas | Ep.11
In this Episode:
Q4 results to date – what I've been doing to keep my sales on the uptrend during this time of listing throttling, all-out suppression, and the freeze of all Merch by Amazon accounts on December 5th. I also touch on some success I've had selling on Redbubble during the quarter.
The Future of Amazon Royalties – My thoughts on the news that Amazon will be reducing Merch royalties in January 2018, and what it means for my Merch business going forward.
The 12 Tools of Merchmas – I give you a rundown of 12 tools I use on a daily basis in my POD business. From research tools to graphics to reporting, there's a little a little Christmas magic in each one.
Links to The 12 tools of Merchmas:
* Adobe CS (PhotoShop, Illustrator, Bridge) - http://www.adobe.com/creativecloud.html
* Pretty Merch - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/prettymerch-for-merch-by/ahclfnpmodphlaiidnpjlkndabpnihea
* Google Sheets - https://www.google.com/sheets/about/
* Right Font - https://rightfontapp.com/
* OneNote - https://www.onenote.com/
* DS Quickview - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ds-amazon-quick-view-exte/ilpimgbmpmhfhdaaeepjokoigelkfbee
* Merch check - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/merch-check/pekgeganoebnmmmlhifpepilmkjpeamk
* Power Thesaurus - https://www.powerthesaurus.org/
* Related Words - http://relatedwords.org/
* Placeit.net - https://placeit.net/
* TM Hunt & USPTO - http://tmhunt.com/ & https://www.uspto.gov/
* Trello - https://trello.com/